Keeping it Simple.

rocketmandan

Reaction score
Hello All,

Firstly what a great forum, I have read some really good topics which will help me a lot.

As i mentioned in my introduction I am slowly trying to get back in to fishing but I am in 2 minds as to how much kit to buy.

If i'm honest I love the really simple style of fishing i.e. a rod and or a Pole/whip and a rucksack with the relevant tackle and bait.

Do you think this is a sutainable way of fishing or will i require more kit sooner or later?

I see guy's on the banks with so much kit they must need a sherpa to help them carry all the stuff, surely it's more trouble than it's worth.

Danny.

sam vimes

Reaction score
It's all down to you. Take as much or as little kit as you need. After all, no one is going to be fishing for you so you don't need to keep anyone else happy.

Personally, there's a time and place for both minimalist and kitchen sink approaches. I'll happily do both depending on the situation.

Reaction score
I suppose youve got to ask yourself the questions 1. What are you fishing for? 2. how often are you going to go? and 3. are you going to be doing overnighters?
Tackle can be expensive at the end of the day. so sometimes budget can play a big part.

rocketmandan

Reaction score
At the minute I will be fishing simply for pleasure and to pass some time on a weekend.

I'm sure for the minute I will be happy catching whatever comes along but I'm sure there will be a point I will want to chase "The Big One" which may require a bit more tackle.

I will see how I get on.

chav professor

Reaction score
Keeping it simple has a lot of legs on it...... look in on the link ledger thread.. this is my principle behind my methodology... If you can't justify it don't use it. I am more and more skeptical about reading advertorials or even tips and hints by 'names'.

simple is beautifully elegant and can work efficiently.

laguna

Reaction score
Did 2 overnighters last week and took everything and the kitchen sink, 4 trips back to the car park with me trolley and was knackered by the time I got set up :eek:

Keeping it simple = more time fishing!