Keith Culley Memorial - time for a better venue?

W

Wolfman Woody

Stay at Clattercote and next kick Marsden's stuff in the reser if it drops off his trolly again. Give everyone a better chance. :eek:)

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I've tried logic but stopping a bunch of fish-phobic blankers (not counting the handful of anglers who consistently catch fish) from getting their annual masochistic fix is futile.

I've resorted to subterfuge. Clattercote is no longer bookable due to woodworm in the staging, rising damp and methane residues.

Deanos has come up with Cleakheaton Council Park pond which has room for 17 but by cramming in the anglers 40 should be possible - try not to strike sideways. No worries about staging or battling carp - there aren't any. Auntie Kathleen will take orders for chip butties at half time. It is definitely booked. We may get chased off by the park keeper but a bribe should do the trick or Deanos has other ways of dissuading him. Bread is a good bait (in other waters).

Alternative 2. Collect 40 x ?5 and go straight to the pub....

W

Wolfman Woody

"Cleakheaton Council Park pond which has room for 17"

Yes, Mark, but that's 17 of Deanos size. Otherwise it has room for around 60 with reasonable pegging.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Good stuff.

Maybe we look at the date though.When I fished there towards the back end of April and early May the fish certainly seemed more spread out.It seemed this year by match day the relatively warm weather had sent them under the boards for nookie except for an obliging bunch whch Graham persuded somehow to linger in front of him.

Its a hard call as if we go earlier and the weather is colder the carp may not feed.There are plenty of skimmers,roach and tench though so maybe it would make for a more even match if they didn't?It would at least keep Mark happy!

B

Bully

Lets face it Nigel, what ever day you chose a cold north easterly will set in with driving rain.....

Its Culleys way of getting his own back on us lot not using a pole.

The Hood

Reaction score
I have fished at Clattercote the last three years, and it is an occasion not a serious match, a get together and a social. First year I was down the list with one fish, second year I was third, third year I think I was fourt or fifth. Keep tactics simple and stick with them and have fun. Don't change the venue, keep the spirit going.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

I can't manage it as petrol money is a wee bit too tight to mention at the moment, but I would love to if I could (and will if the miracle of employment is renewed before then /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif).

So as a 'neutral' outsider who hasn't attended before and has no axe to grind could I be permitted to use just two words ?

Continuity and Comparability.

If you start venue swapping you lose both. And a venue that gives everyone of all disciplines an even shake of the stick is a rarity worth diamonds in itself....

derek garner 2

Reaction score
stay were it is just get it on.please can you let me no if there is any pubs were you can stay fore the night. thank you

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Fighting talk Derek!

Try here.The Red Lion. We had some nice grub here after last years match and they do rooms.

Cropredy is about 10 mnutes away from the venue.

Graham, any news on the date?My match diary is rapidly booking up/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Iain Riley

Reaction score
I would love to be part of it but can we have it a bit closer to the West midlsnds please .Iain