Kettles

D

Dave Quintana

My trangia has a fully fitted groundsheet and porch (however, the porch is optional at an additional cot of ?145) - I was actually speaking to Cliff Fox about this the other day and he says that you need to buy the 'new' cooker bag in order to house the Coleman option correctly.

I bought this at a realistic price of ?29.99 and am so happy that I am now considering buying a second one.

Happy boiling....

R

Ron Clay

The truth of the matter is that Jules is not a bad chap at all. However I much prefer talking to Julie, a lovely girl with a very nice personality.

Jules does get the p... taken out of him by some people I know.

He learned all his earlier carp fishing by the way from Eric Hodson - The guy who founded the British Carp Study Group

D

Dave Quintana

Could I please ask why we have now started talking about Jules and Julie - surely they already use the Fox mega kettle and stove?!?

D

Dave Quintana

So tell me everyone, are you now all going out to purchase a small lightweight trangia kettle and coleman backpacker stove???

No-one's commented on my Fox lead and bits pouch solution either...

Happy boiling.

P

Philip Inzani

Dave, I think I prefer your ?145 version with the fitted porch. Mind you did you realise that its far shrewder if you purchase the Nash porch which also fits the fox stove at a saving of 18.2p .....dont let them take you for a ride! (-:

PS I dont know how to make a cup of tea, can someone advise ?

B

Birds Nest

Erm.. apparently you can buy tea in bags... Seems odd to me after all why cany you get it in a can or bottle ???

D

Dave Quintana

Good point fellow angler - a good way of saving money by not having to buy a kettle or a stove...

I guess when buying bottled or canned tea you could also tell the shop whether you want it hot or cold!!

Happy boiling...

D

David Will

Tea r us will supply tea (or coffee) to your swim for a small charge. This saves on expense and weight on those all important stalking sessions where mobility is the key. State whether drab clothing is to be worn by the delivery person when ordering. www.herecomestheteaboy.com.

I

Iain Wishart

You lot are starting to worry me...how the heck can the subject of kettles generate 27 messages (and counting!).
Any way i agree about Coleman Stoves...i had one and it leaked petrol. It was so bad that at night it illuminated most of the lake and people thought it was November 5. I had people threatening to kick it in the lake, it was that out of control. GAS rules!!!!!

C

Cakey

RIK
cant believe what i just read ,you still owe me a cuppa
CAKEY

D

David OLoughlin

This might be really boring coming back to the article, but has anyone seen this months Sea Angler.
Stove with diameter of 51/2 inches, looks to be about 2 inches high. Charges up a reservoir with butane, has ceramic element. Runs for 1 hour with 1 fill up, therefore no need for cans of gas if out for short sessions.
Sounds good - anyone used one?

R

Rob Brownfield

Take a leaf out of the fisherman up by me. No need for expensive stovies when there is so much flammable material lining the banks of the lake. Look for fence posts, "no fishing" signs, car tyres (usually come 4 at a time minus the Alloys, they are sold on) and various other wooden/paper/cardboard/plastic items found in farmers fields.

Its great, and at the end of the trip, u can throw all your empty beer cans onto the fire as well as bottles and any Pike you may have caught. now thats what I call re-cycling!

J

John Spink

Top notch Rob!!! Pleased to see you are still hanging out in the same old places....Hopefully a link will start where you can reveal to all your experience bivvied up at Lanark Loch in the middle of the shotgun battle....Made me p*** myself..LOL....Should have used your Coleman as a petrol bomb to escape from the neds!!! Still carp fishing in Scotland makes a man of you or what?? Just for the record I like gas stoves (as long as you have a spare cartridge!!)

D

Dave Quintana

Bivvies make bloody good kindling too!!

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this forum over the week-end (not!) and I feel that we should group together and question and burn anyone using a Coleman dual fuel stove at least that way we could eventually reduce the amount of petrol spillage into our waters.....

What do you think??

Happy boiling...

R

Rob Brownfield

Does Dual Fuel mean you can use either petrol or instead, your skin/clothes/bivvie/bankside vegitation etc...lol

John, As for shotguns, in a public park, held by neds on the rampage...well..u can keep that. My mate was on an island on Hogganfield Loch in Glasgow. He and his mate were shot at by a guy with a proper hunters rifle!!! He said the sound of bullets craking over his head was not much fun!
As for lanak, I was also there the night that the local kids decided that the boat house would look better in the loch, and on fire, very much like a Viking funeral...and also the night that the hotel at the end of the Loch went up in flames. Apparently the owner owed a little money. This was pay back!

D

Dave Quintana

Scotland sounds like a great place to go fishing. I must remember to go there sometime!!

Rob - Why didn't the anglers get together and simply kill the ****ers who were setting light to the boat house?

...and surely the guy shooting at your friend should be put down - am I wrong?

Happy boiling kettle lovers...

J

John Spink

Hey Rob,
You'll never get great fishing yarns like that in Waterlog eh??? Imagine a "Passion for Angling" episode from Lanark....Think I'll propose that at the next Golden Scale Club AGM lol

D

David OLoughlin

Sorry to be boring but if anyone is looking for a brew kit & not a riot.I asked around about ceramic stoves & told not to get one as heavy & fragile?
I just bought a Zenith Stove by GoGas. Packs away in pouch to 6.5"x6.5"x2.5", weighs 1lb 4oz. When open v.stable with a decent windshield. V.slightly bigger than Graham's kit but can do food etc if session. Pricey at ?45 though, but I've justified it as I'll be using for other things, not just fishing).