kingsweir

J

james hunt

does anybody out there know the address and contact number to the kingsweir fishery on the river lee.
also any hints and tips would be very helpfull.

R

Ray Walton

Look in Angling Times, Where to Fish this week! It's all there!

R

Ray Walton

Sorry James... Last week.. call Barbara on 01992 468 394. You can book a day ticket in the weirpool (pegs 1 or 2 east and west) or buy a season ticket to fish the main river below.

J

james hunt

ray looked in angling times found nothing.
are sure its in this weeks issue.
have you any tips about the place please.

M

MARK FRAME

does the LAA still have fishing rights on this water?

A

Alan Cooper

To Mark Frame (and others). Yes, the LAA still retains a stretch of old river from Aqueduct Lock downstream for a few hundred yeards. It is very overgrown and hardly fished nowadays. Many years ago the LAA used to control the river from Kings Weir down to their present (much reduced) stretch. The fish are still in the LAA stretch (it is opposite the RMC bank) but the Lea has always (in my opinion) being a hard river.

Whilst on the subject of the LAA, I have recently returned to anglinf after a 30 year break. I still have a 1962 LAA Handbook and it breaks my heart to see the waters they have lost. Can people enlighten me as to why? And what has happened to all the anglers? Once upon a time you couldn't get a swim - now the bank is bare!

M

MARK FRAME

sorry its taken so long to thank you but ive been busy DIYing.
AS AN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION COULD IT BE THAT THE LANDOWNERS HAVE BEEN GETTING GREEDY IN THEIR RENTS?
OR THAT THE RIVERS ARE NOW TO CLEAN AND WEEDY.
PERHAPS THE ANGLERS OF TODAY HAVE TAKEN THE EASIER ROUTE TO FISH BY FISHING COMMERCIAL WATERS.
I KNOW IN ST. ALBANS WE HAVE BOWMANS FARM WHERE YOU ARE GUAREENTEED TO CATCH.
MAYBE TODAYS ANGLERS JUST DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WORK FOR THEIR FISH.

A

Alan Cooper

I'm sure that all your points are valid mark. More than one tackle shop proprieter has suggested to me that I should go to commercial fisheries rather than my old haunts of yesteryear. You may well be right about (some) lazy anglers. The thought of trotting ALL DAY (as I once did regularly and will again) might be a bit too much like hard work - harder with a heavy split cane rod though! And I still have that as well - now refurbished and dying to be bent over with barbel and chub. Good luck should you visit the Lea.