Korum Accessory Selection Review

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I like Korum accessories in general because they are usually well thought out and practical bits of kit at a reasonable price and this year I have spooled up the Korum line as well in 6lb, 8lb and 10lb breaking strains and I love its silky smoothness and almost total lack of memory. All in all a very reliable tackle company and their stuff does what it says on the label.

I remember many moons ago when Image were producing a very limited range of tackle and they were the same as Korum are now in that their products were tried and tested by anglers for anglers. Sadly Image (was it Mark Pollard who owned it) sold up years ago but Korum are worthy successors in my opinion.

klik2change

Reaction score
I particularly like the seamlesss hooks. I tie all my own rigs for larger fish and I now use only Korum hooks, usually in 8 - 10, having moved over from Korda and ESP. A quick inspection of a range of hooks with a magnifying glass soon convinced me!

My only criticism is, I find the Korum barbs are slightly larger than the other makes, and it is more than usually necessary to flatten the barbs.

Stick_Float

Reaction score
I really like their seamless barbless hooks too, I use them for my barbel and tench fishing now with every confidence.

I used the quick change swivel for the first time today and was impressed, so much easier to use than the snap link swivel - especially in the dark. Pity I blanked.