Korum easy feeder

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Anyone used the before ?

Not referring to the dura method feeder , I tend to use particles like hemp and bigger pellets I would imagine would work well .
Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Not used one but it looks like a pellet feeder to me?
The advantage of any pellet feeder over a standard flat bed feeder is that fish can only get the bait from one end, as opposed to approaching from any direction. If you tuck your hook in that's usually the first thing a fish will suck in.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Looks like one but the bed of the feeder looks like sticks out more than a pellet feeder so looks like a method front half and pellet rear .

I'm thinking to give it a go

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I was just asking if anyone had used them and had any experience of them .

Sorry apologise for my manners .

Thanks

chrissh

Reaction score
I used one of the easy feeder for the first time last week . it’s the same as a method feeder which you load without the mould … just pack them by hand as lose or tight to suit your needs on the day , I found that they work best with micro & 4mm pellets. Sweetcorn was getting stuck in the feeder.

link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd4jd5Pb4Dw

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Great thank you !

I bought some groundbait in bulk I ended up with 8kgs of it £1.50 a kg bag on sale section . So will be using that if not sticky micros but as stated hemp and maybe will see if can put some groundbait in 1st and some corn with a plug see if that works as you say it gets stuck .

But the choices are endless , worm , maggots etc

chrissh

Reaction score
if you not wanting to put to much bait down try a banjo feeder for pellets they work best in the colder months or cold water when fish ant feeding as much or even pellet cones rather the a method type feeder , mix a hand full of coloured pellets into your main mix
you can buy pellet dye its about £3.50 a tub ,red,green ,yellow, fluro colours

smaller feed size for cold weather

method feeder work best in the summer months when the fish are feeding more

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I have got some pellet cones but they can be fiddly to keep taking hooklink off in cold chris .

Never tried a banjo feeder but I have a couple guru mini hybrid feeders but they don't seem to hold bottom as well as I would like .

chrissh

Reaction score
i use the Ringers Pellet Cones they have a slit in the side you don't have to take the trace of to load them like the guru £3.00 pack of 4

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Great thanks , I have been looking at the Preston dura banjo feeders I may get s couple , mini and small size .

Only why asking about the method is I have tried various feeders and normally I prefer to add some particles in the summer , club I'm joining don't allow elastic feeders even the guru types . So I thought give the korum ones a go , I imagine by April to May the water will be warm enough to use them .

chrissh

Reaction score
I use the inline Preston method feeders they come in a 15g large or small size ... korum are 20g. if the water warms up sooner then April try the method .. the banjo work best with pellets only other wise you will find it hard to get other mixes to stay in them when casting or the mix will stay in the mould not on the feeder... add a bit of goo (only a small drop) to the mix on the pellets on the feeder or pellet cone

the banjo work a bit like a dinner plate it hold the pellet so the don't come of when the feeder hits the water and the fish have to feed of the feeder not like a method were the feed mix expands around the feeder ,set a banjo the same as a method - 4" hook length and if you find your getting line bites use a back lead to lay the line flat

associatedmatt

Reaction score
thanks chris !

used just lead with pellet on in summer and caught loads but tried several times in winter and nothing even pining 2 pellets over top every 5 - 10 minuites but then one rod was avon rod on a alarm and kept catching off that one and all i had was a 10mm pellet cast near a tree .

this is why i was thinking a small feeder and leave for 25 minuites before recasting elsewhere

chrissh

Reaction score
I use a 1 or 2mm pellet with a hand full of 4mm mixed in… a bright colour(yellow) 8mm hook pellet size 18 hook sometimes a semi buoyant banded pellet that hold up about 2” aboth the feed. I don’t bother too much in the winter with pinging out pellet every few minutes it tends to hold the fish up in the water so there not going down to your feeder. Try a small 20mm size ball of cloud ground bait that will put a scent in the water and sink the fish will follow it down. If I using a waggler I will then ping some 4mm pellets.

Re-cast ever 20 -30 minutes

When using a feeder rod don’t have the line strait with the rod... Have the rod at an angle to the line so the line is coming from the side of the rod tip that way you will see a lot more of the bites when the tip pulls around. It you find you’re having trouble seeing the tip use a target board to show the smallest of bites

Other may have different ideas but this works for me

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Thanks Chris , that may be why can't catch that easy pinging pellets over the top . Il have to get some bright pellets as you can't use boilies .

Thanks

mikench

Reaction score
I believe i have an example of every type of feeder some i have never used and some i use regularly. They have all brought me the same level of success; disappointing;)

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I use a 1 or 2mm pellet with a hand full of 4mm mixed in… a bright colour(yellow) 8mm hook pellet size 18 hook sometimes a semi buoyant banded pellet that hold up about 2” aboth the feed. I don’t bother too much in the winter with pinging out pellet every few minutes it tends to hold the fish up in the water so there not going down to your feeder. Try a small 20mm size ball of cloud ground bait that will put a scent in the water and sink the fish will follow it down. If I using a waggler I will then ping some 4mm pellets.

Re-cast ever 20 -30 minutes

When using a feeder rod don’t have the line strait with the rod... Have the rod at an angle to the line so the line is coming from the side of the rod tip that way you will see a lot more of the bites when the tip pulls around. It you find you’re having trouble seeing the tip use a target board to show the smallest of bites

Other may have different ideas but this works for me

Absolutely Chris, totally agree , I used to use a target board when I was doing a lot of swing tipping :D

---------- Post added at 08:23 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

I believe i have an example of every type of feeder some i have never used and some i use regularly. They have all brought me the same level of success; disappointing;)

In truth Mike I seriously think that a lot of em end up by catching the angler than actually catch fish :rolleyes:

I'd just stick to the ones that you know definitely work for you,

Where I'm still a bit old school I always feel that don't try and fix something or change if the originals ain't broke :D

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score

Mike get yourself to a commercial there one known near me that anyone can catch there . In summer yes can bag up but harder in colder weather .

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 ----------

Absolutely Chris, totally agree , I used to use a target board when I was doing a lot of swing tipping :D

---------- Post added at 08:23 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

In truth Mike I seriously think that a lot of em end up by catching the angler than actually catch fish :rolleyes:

I'd just stick to the ones that you know definitely work for you,

Where I'm still a bit old school I always feel that don't try and fix something or change if the originals ain't broke :D

Yes Stuart you are right a lot of products catch the angler not the fish .

As have said in past yes I do use pva bags but also groundbait laced with particles so a feeder perfect to get a nice parcel of bait but like the method feeder approach to a cage feeder as bolt type feeder with a hook close to the feeder . Have tried a few feeders but many I don't get on with for various reasons . It's trial by error until you get one you like .

I like the drennan method feeders but I find particles fly off with groundbait on the cast .

A target board would be a good idea only thing is lake where I fish quivertip at moment banks are rock hard and so is the lake bed . Hard enough just to get 1 bankstick at the front in !

But I may get one to try .

Thanks Stuart

mikench

Reaction score
Matt I have tried commercials and they are not really for me. Please take all my comments of a negative nature with a pinch of salt; i am far too self-deprecatory;)

I console myself with the possibility of quality rather than quantity. I am happy as long as I do not blank. That 2lb roach awaits and this weekend might just be my time! Oh did I say i was also an optimist!:)