Korum feeder rod replacement

Yoda87

Reaction score
Hi guys, yesterday my feeder rod, a Korum 12ft -90gr, broke into my hands. Now I’m looking for a replacement. I usually fishing Carp, tench, barbs in lakes and rivers…
I need a rod with tips and maybe a little more casting weight but not too much cause i want sensibility and feel the fish… not a carp rod

i want a very good and durable rod, any advice? The Korum has only the barbel quiver, but I also evaluate other perhaps better brands..

thank you

john step

Reaction score
Most feeder rods are shorter than your 12 footer. Those that are that length tend to be for distance casting. 90 Gramms is quite a beefy rod.
Do you need a 12 foot rod. (Distance /rivers?)
There are loads on the market. I like Daiwa due to their very good customer service department should you need spare tips etc.
Others will have their favourites of course.

Yoda87

Reaction score
Most feeder rods are shorter than your 12 footer. Those that are that length tend to be for distance casting. 90 Gramms is quite a beefy rod.
Do you need a 12 foot rod. (Distance /rivers?)
There are loads on the market. I like Daiwa due to their very good customer service department should you need spare tips etc.
Others will have their favourites of course.
11 foot I think is also ok, it’s tough fishing with a short rod on the river

john step

Reaction score
Daiwa do a 12 foot twin tip Powermesh at 12 foot that casts up to 90 gram.
Have a look at Bobco website for Guru A Class feeder rods. They do a 12 and a 13 distance rod for casting 70 and 90 respectively. Quite reasonably priced.

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
Have a look at these I have the 10ft 1.1lb test curve one, had carp to 15lbs on it, but it’s still fine for 1lb tench etc, around £50 they are a nice bit of kit, it’s the first one out to fish with nowadays.

Yoda87

Reaction score
Have a look at these I have the 10ft 1.1lb test curve one, had carp to 15lbs on it, but it’s still fine for 1lb tench etc, around £50 they are a nice bit of kit, it’s the first one out to fish with nowadays.
I think is a very nice rod yes but I read that the max cast is 60g… I usually fish with 45g and 60g so I prefere to have a little more cast weight like 80/90g at least

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
I have the Daiwa Ninja X feeder 3.3 metres 120 gram casting rod. Bought as I was looking for a compact three piece rod to pack in the car easily.

They have a 3.6 metre version as well, good quality at a very low price!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
He has bought a Shimano Speedcast 12'-13' 90g casting weight for a very good price .
I have the same rod ,
If he hadn't bought it it , I would have enquired about shipping cost from Italy and if good ,would have bought it myself .