Korum folding spoon net - FAILED! - AGAIN ! ROUND 2

Philip

Reaction score
Following on from Steves thread on the same subject - look what happened to my new folding spoon net. I purchased it to replace an older model of the same net head that had been very good but I broke due to my own fault.

I have only had the new head a short while and used it a handful of times. Steve has already highlighted the new rubbish hinge they have used but it looks like the plastic block holding the screw is also sub standard. I stress the break below occured lifting a modest sized fish, something I had done many times with the old model and never had an issue.

Totally pathetic from Korum. They have obviously rubbished down the quality of their new net heads. I would write them a letter but I suspect it will fall on deaf ears.

I decided to start a new thread rather than add to Steves one as I want to draw as much attention as possible. Thats the last Korum net I purchase and I hope anyone reading this does the same. Utter GARBAGE !

Net.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
Oh dear! I had looked at that moulding and thought it looked weak.

My net never even got as far as lifting a decent fish!

How on Earth do you manage to take a fairly good design and make the 2nd generation so bad? Must be some particularly bad plastic used, but the moulding itself looks a much weaker design than the original!

Perhaps it's made in a different factory to a tighter budget? :rolleyes:

nottskev

Reaction score
This is an unnecessarily vexatious issue. You can buy an indestructible metal spreader block for carp-type nets for a few quid. But companies are charging us a fortune for big solid frame nets with fragile plastic blocks that don't survive being used. Why don't they build them on the cheap metal blocks and do us all a favour?

seth49

Reaction score
If you bought it from a tackle shop, the Korum rep should replace it, I’ve always found them very good at replacing faulty items.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
If you bought it from a tackle shop, the Korum rep should replace it, I’ve always found them very good at replacing faulty items.

They shouldn’t break though. If the same thing was available with metal components how much more would it cost? It’s possible to machine parts with CNC machining at a reasonable cost. If the net was to cost more then I would willingly pay it, as it could cost you the fish of a lifetime. Plus, if it breaks and you don’t carry a spare then your day is ruined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMNDIL

Reaction score
Looking at it the metal thread is simply not long enough. Very basic cock-up by someone.

Keith M

Reaction score
Korum seem to have shot theirselves in the foot with these rubbish plastic spreader blocks they’re using. I wouldn’t buy one that’s for sure.
In these days where everyone is supposed to be getting rid of plastics; Korum seem to be lagging light years behind.:mad:

Keith

mikench

Reaction score
You need to contact Dave Lloyd at sales@ prestoninnovations.com

in fairness to Preston they replaced faulty components on my chair twice and changed the design on the new model.

Last edited:

RMNDIL

Reaction score
Korum seem to have shot theirselves in the foot with these rubbish plastic spreader blocks they’re using. I wouldn’t buy one that’s for sure.
In these days where everyone is supposed to be getting rid of plastics; Korum seem to be lagging light years behind.:mad:

Keith
Maybe that's also part of the problem - using recycled plastic which, over reuse & reuse degrades.