Korum folding spoon net - FAILED!

sam vimes

Reaction score
The most simple of nets fail sooner or later. Add further complications such as quick releases and folding mechanisms only serves to reduce the time to failure. I don't expect huge longevity from any net that I use regularly. However, I invariably find that meshes end up beyond redemption before frames, blocks, screw threads and hinges fail. The reality is that no manufacturer wants to make an indestructible product. It's a sure fire way of going out of business. Once you've flogged product to the limited market prepared to stump up the huge premium price necessary, you will not sell anything else.

ian g

Reaction score
Very true Sam , though it would be nice if some of them at least made an effort to convince us they were trying to make something that would last a while.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I’ve got the original Korum folding spoon in 22-26-30 and I’ve never had any problems with any of them. That said I bought a “new” 22 in when I thought I’d lost my original and immediately thought the fitting looked dodgy. I subsequently found the lost net and the new one is now confined to the shed.It looks like it’s going to fail at some point and having had nets do that on me before I’m not risking this one doing it to me.
Being a tart I like spoon nets and don’t like triangular ones….not that I have much need for any sort of net atm

seth49

Reaction score
I too have the Korum 26 in and 30 in spoon nets, the early ones with the latex covered mesh, never had the slightest problem with them, and they’ve landed plenty of double figure carp for me, looks like the early ones were the best.