Korum Groundbait Bowl

rookie_fly_guy

Reaction score
This bag seemed to tick all of the boxes for an easy to transport groundbait bag.

Lets start with the construction - the outer material is a hard wearing fabric in a moss green colour and the handles are attached with a double stitch to ensure the durability of the bag. The top zips closed which will help to stop your groundbait from drying out and the top is fairly shower proof, which is handy if you get caught in a brief rain spell.

The zip itself has a longer than usual tag, so its nice and easy to open and close in the dark or if your hands are wet or slimy. The base of the bag is rubberised, which has two benefits, first it helps stop sharp objects like stones from penetrating the base, a problem I had with an old cloth bag which ripped open from a rose thorn, and secondly it gives a good grip on wet and damp surfaces.

Inside the bag is a detachable inner bag with a wipe clean surface. The seams are sealed to stop bits of ground bait from clinging to the stitching or any small folds. Its attached via a velcro lining which is my only real problem with the bag - I've found ground bait and fluff can sometimes work its way into velcro causing it to give up the ghost, I would have preferred it with a zip attachment, hence the slightly lower performance score.

Otherwise I highly recommend the bag, its well build, takes up very little room when flattened, the lid is a blessing for rain or hot weather when you've got your mix perfect and at £9.99 for the small bag and £12.99 for the large bag its excellent value for money for something that should last a good few years.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
I've got one of these bowls and agree that it's excellent. I'd previously used a Fox Match bowl which was a nightmare to clean, plus the lining is flaking away after just two seasons' use.

Chris Season32

Reaction score
I bought the Korum bowl as soon as it hit the shelves, very rugged and does the job well. I've abused mine, at the end of a trip I throw all leftover bait/groundbait into the bowl zip it up and freeze it for use next session (tightwad). The latex coating on the liner bag doesn't seem to like this repeated freezing, and has peeled off.

Last edited: