Korum super steel brolly question

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Hi all. Does anyone have this brolly? I know it has two positions for the main pole (center and to the back) but does it have the ability to tilt in a traditional sense?

chrissh

Reaction score
No, you have to unscrew the centre pole and screw it in to a recess that give the brolly the tilt

supersteelbrollynoupright.jpg

The Korum Graphite Brolly has the tilt knuckle

kmlug-52-50-graphite-brollysidebyside.jpg

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Thanks that makes sense. I'm not sure which system I prefer.

Reaction score
Ive had trouble with the knuckle system,it seems/or can loosen with use,which means in a wind it moves around,this is in all manufacturers,the centre spike unscrewing is ok,but worrying to wrestle with in a gale,imo the best system was the one where the pole had a rivet through it acting as a hinge with a length of aluminium tube which slid up allowing the tilt to operate,you dont see them these days...

just to add,I have two of the Korum brollies you mention,the first I repaired with stainless steel locking wire as the rubbish galvanised wire rusted through,a pig of a job,but it got me through till my replacement arrived and still sits awaiting call out,lol. These brollies are among the best imo and last as well as any ive bought,considering some of the conditions I fish in,a compliment indeed...

Last edited:

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Ive had trouble with the knuckle system,it seems/or can loosen with use,which means in a wind it moves around,this is in all manufacturers,the centre spike unscrewing is ok,but worrying to wrestle with in a gale,imo the best system was the one where the pole had a rivet through it acting as a hinge with a length of aluminium tube which slid up allowing the tilt to operate,you dont see them these days...

just to add,I have two of the Korum brollies you mention,the first I repaired with stainless steel locking wire as the rubbish galvanised wire rusted through,a pig of a job,but it got me through till my replacement arrived and still sits awaiting call out,lol. These brollies are among the best imo and last as well as any ive bought,considering some of the conditions I fish in,a compliment indeed...

The design with the sliding collar does work well indeed. It's what is fitted to my old brolly which I still use but has been in a state of decay for a long while.

I have also been looking at the brollies from Koala as it seems to have the removable pole and tilt mech. Plus it's cheap lol

Aknib

Reaction score
just to add,I have two of the Korum brollies you mention,the first I repaired with stainless steel locking wire as the rubbish galvanised wire rusted through,a pig of a job,but it got me through till my replacement arrived

Yes I have the 50" fibreglass spoke brolly and the same happened to mine with the same repair having to be made, it also happened on the steel spoked version I had previously.

You'd think Korum would get on top of this problem, as you say it's a pig of a job threading new wire through spokes and lining them up with the cup that houses them but i'll be buqqered if I'm buying a new one.

It's a shame really, I like the Korum 50" brolly but I won't be buying another Korum brolly when I eventually have to replace my current one. I've also had issues with the plastic locking collar which holds the brolly up and has resulted in it closing itself down on its own accord on occasions...

Not ideal when you're under it and it suddenly snaps shut on you!

Reaction score
That happened to me a couple of times Steve,but as I say i've had two and both have been to hell and back...

seth49

Reaction score
Anything I have had break from Korum has always been replaced free of charge by Korum , just take it to the tackle shop you bought it from, and they will contact Korum for a replacement.

That’s providing you bought it from a tackle shop of course.

Reaction score
Ive had mine a long time,cannot remember where I brought them from...