Lake boat fishing?

w_world

Reaction score
Hi all, i am in the process of doing a boat up for next launch next year, mid late summer and what i fancy is some lake fishing, all i have and thought is Windermere or Coniston. Not much up on big lakes, i say big as we want to mooch about a bit on the boat. I believe there are some good Pike and Perch fishing on Windermere, unsure on Conistson. I would even like to have a go at fly fishing, i have time to practice i guess lol.

Any good suggestions where we could spend a few months or even a season besides the two mentioned or are they the best choice, within 150 mile say of Manchester.

cheers

wayne:)

slaphead

Reaction score
Never fished either, but according to reports neither is good for fly fishing.

Both are decent pike waters but remember they are very popular and get very busy, also they are large waters to target.

Don't know what sort of boat you have, but take into account launch fees (fishing is free) too.

greenie62

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,
Sale Water Park is handy for you - and it used to have some really good Tench, Carp and Bream - might be worth a look at.
Tight Lines!

w_world

Reaction score
Morning guys, this will answer both the boat is a 20 foot cabin cruiser, so the water park is a bit small for long term mooring and the launch fee`s are not a problem for Windermere as it will be moored for either a few moths or the full season and trailer launched. We can take it up my the LL canal then Lancaste fishing along the way then trailer it to the lake.

Not good for fly fishing hey, would of never thought that, Windermere is dam big, well the biggest Lake in England, i was googling around last night and i can find any other big lakes to take it but for rivers.Which will be looked at.
So its down to as sai either Windermere or Coniston, i think Windermere will best, can go for nice walks with Zig ( Dog ) and maybe get a few record Pike. Just neeed to research the fishing.

Cant wait until next ear when it finished. :)

slaphead

Reaction score
Just going off reports I've saying that trout and char are suffering, but coarse fish are said to be thriving.

I assume you already that you will have to register your boat with the Lake District National Park Authority, too.

A friend of mine used to keep his boat up there and we had some great times pottering about. There are speed limits and patrols to enforce them (we fell foul of them on a couple of occasions).