Landing Net handle

njb51

Reaction score
In need of a new landing net handle. Looking to spend around ?20. Telescopic preferable.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I use one of the cheap ?10 aluminum handles extendes to aroun 10 feet. If you need longer (why?) then you will have to go for a carbon model.

njb51

Reaction score
I had a cheap one (?9.99) before Bryan and it was utter crap. They tried to stick the metal thread bit to the fibre-glass with what seemed no more than Pritt-Stick!

C

christian tyroll

i know this isnt helping but go upper rather than lower as i spent ?15 and when someone was lifting a 14lb pike out holding the handle 2 foot from the net it bent very nicely!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
They don't have a name on them mate. I will try and find wer they come from next time i am in the shop.

njb51

Reaction score
Svendsen Sports do one for a tenner and it is aluminium all the way through. Might be worth a look, i'll let you know.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Its no doubt the same. Mine came with either a locking nut that tightens down on the centre pole or a twist locking mecanism.

For the price you can't go wrong.

W

Wolfman Woody

I have one that came from J&K tackle in Bicester. Very strong, but fairly thick and teh lock is a simple clamp. Easy to deal with when it's cold.

I believe Drennan do a much thinner one, but since they don't have a website can't point it to you.

njb51

Reaction score
erm, fishing rivers for chub, bream, roach and the like.

I've spotted the shimano catana at ?20. Looks pretty good! Though i might wait until GO Fishing and wangle out a bargain.