lead wire

rayner

Looking for lead wire,
I'm struggling to find lead wire, I use it to load wagglers to avoid using none toxic shot.
I prefer to use float stops and no8s to no10s lead shot.
I can get fly tying wire but it may be too fine a wire, if it's all that's available I suppose I could double wrap it.

s63

I’ve used solder with a thin film of araldite brushed over it, to keep it in place and give a neater look

free img upload

Last edited:

rayner

That's a very good impression of my floats. negates the rock hard shot. Solder may be the way to go,

s63

You can get solder in different diameters too which maybe helpful in getting the balance right.

laguna

I was going to suggest what ray said, Lead core leaders but solder wire should do the job just as well.

Talking about sourcing stuff, I'm on a rather different mission trying to source some split-cored inline olivettes or bullets in different weights ranges from BB (0.4g) and below.

The only one's I've seen don't have a central core.

chrissh

I was going to suggest what ray said, Lead core leaders but solder wire should do the job just as well.

Talking about sourcing stuff, I'm on a rather different mission trying to source some split-cored inline olivettes or bullets in different weights ranges from BB (0.4g) and below.

The only one's I've seen don't have a central core.

Cralusso sell a split ball called globulat weights sizes from 1g-20g
Link
CRALUSSO GLOBULAR WEIGHTS - COARSE FISHING SLIDER WEIGHTS | eBay

rayner

Thanks everyone for your help.
I am going to see Billy Clarke, he's only about 8 or so miles from my home.
Thanks Chris.

markcw

I thought Drennan did cored inline olivettes,
They are ideal for using as a light bomb rig, less splash, and less resistance on a take.

s63

They do, I use them a lot, they even line the bore with silicone tubing to protect the line which is a nice touch.

rayner

I use 8 and 10 olivettes for light bomb fishing, they give the impression to me that they are like a pellet splash on the water. Unlike a big splashing bomb.

rayner

Can't say the fish are bigger, it's just a better way of bomb fishing to my mind. One things for sure you get more bites before the fish back off.
By the way the 8 and 10 above are grams.