Lockdown effect on fishing ?

nottskev

Reaction score
According to the police, checking car reg's, these are people who have driven from as far away as Manchester and Sheffield, and have been alarming locals by turning up in shops and petrol stations. Perhaps they think we don't have enough infected people.

Reaction score
Well im afraid i cant,walking up and down the stairs doesnt crack it and my garden isnt big enough,nor doing stretches,half an hour walk seems to ease my creaky joints...

Reaction score
According to the police, checking car reg's, these are people who have driven from as far away as Manchester and Sheffield, and have been alarming locals by turning up in shops and petrol stations. Perhaps they think we don't have enough infected people.

I honestly believe the theory most people are as thick as **** Kev,I see enough in normal times,but in the current situation,they simply excel....

dicky123

Reaction score
I think a number of small shops could go bust sadly. Very few carry stock these days, so have little capital to call on. They will all have bank mangers to please, and loans or overdraft to service, it cannot be an easy time. Also, think about those high maintenance places like commercial waters, with chalets and holidays now cancelled. Its very hard times for many I'm sure.

John Keane

Reaction score
I honestly believe the theory most people are as thick as **** Kev,I see enough in normal times,but in the current situation,they simply excel....

...and the thickness goes hand in hand with a feeling of entitlement, an innate selfishness and a Sod you Jack, I’m alright attitude.

John Keane

Reaction score
North West Tonight - teams of firefighters called to extensive fires on Winter Hill near Bolton, seemingly caused by day trippers with disposable barbecues.

The mind just absolutely boggles! :eek:mg:

mikench

Reaction score
Just how many brain dead people can we produce? The principle of Euthanasia shouldn’t be confined to the elderly.

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
You'd hope they were isolated incidences but sadly they aren't.

One of my neighbours took their caravan (and possibly something very nasty!) to Wales last week and since returning their daughter has rocked up and visited them just about every day for the last three days!!

With the grandkids!!! :eek:mg:

For God's sake what is the matter with these people?

John Keane

Reaction score
You'd hope they were isolated incidences but sadly they aren't.

One of my neighbours took their caravan (and possibly something very nasty!) to Wales last week and since returning their daughter has rocked up and visited them just about every day for the last three days!!

With the grandkids!!! :eek:mg:

For God's sake what is the matter with these people?

...and natural selection will mean these aren’t the bellends who end up with the virus, despite their best efforts to get it!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I can see as well as you how many are dying. Calling me nasty names might make you feel better but does not alter my case, which I believe to be valid.

Let's just say if it was a water I bailiffed, your card would be removed ,and you would have trouble finding another club in the area to join, most clubs share information on members who have been expelled and for what reason.
Also read the statement the angling trust has put out regarding no fishing.
As for me going out bailiffing ,I have downloaded the letter from the police permitting this . They have a list of names of my clubs bailiffs, this is to stop mindless idiots like you who wish to flaunt the law that is in place at the moment.

nottskev

Reaction score
Beats me, Steve. You can't answer that question without being "political" imo. Why do we have so many people who feel entitled to do whatever they like in the teeth of pleading from authorities and experts to just stay in and stop spreading infection? We're seeing what you get when wilfully uninformed people ignore the popular but weak government they helped to elect. If that's wrong, tell me why people are complaining that Derbyshire Police, trying to shame people out of swanning around the peak District, are like the Stasi. Sorry, but I can't contain my disgust with people who won't recognise anything more important than their own poxy wishes in a crisis.

xenon

Reaction score
Let's just say if it was a water I bailiffed, your card would be removed ,and you would have trouble finding another club in the area to join, most clubs share information on members who have been expelled and for what reason.
Also read the statement the angling trust has put out regarding no fishing.
As for me going out bailiffing ,I have downloaded the letter from the police permitting this . They have a list of names of my clubs bailiffs, this is to stop mindless idiots like you who wish to flaunt the law that is in place at the moment.

Give it a rest will you? If you read my later comment then you would realise how off the mark you are.

nottskev

Reaction score
Plenty here Kev, may have to queue to get in supermarket for about 10 minutes , but shelves are stocked.

I'm in the stay indoors category - no queues for me. I'm more interested in mail ordering food than tackle, if I could get a delivery.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm in the stay indoors category - no queues for me. I'm more interested in mail ordering food than tackle, if I could get a delivery.

I’ve just got a click and collect slot at Tesco on Sunday morning, feels like winning the lottery! Having said that if I get half the order I’ll be lucky, around here the Tesco shelves are the emptiest of them all.

It’s bloody hard work convincing an 85 year old that they may have to substitute their Kellogg’s Honey Nut Crunch for a similar item.:eek:mg:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I just caught this in a news item yesterday, one landlord was trying to evict a NHS nurse because they did not want her bringing the C19 virus home from work. Its becoming a stranger world by the day!

I see the AT are coming out now and supporting the no fishing, I always thought it was obvious what the Gov were saying myself, don't go outdoors unless necessary and you don't get more unnecessary than fishing.

Last edited:

Krang

Reaction score
I just caught this in a news item yesterday, one landlord was trying to evict a NHS nurse because they did not want her bringing the C19 virus home from work. Its becoming a stranger world by the day!

I see the AT are coming out now and supporting the no fishing, I always thought it was obvious what the Gov were saying myself, don't go outdoors unless necessary and you don't get more unnecessary than fishing.

Hopefully you practice what you preach so the rest of us can exercise by ourselves or members of our household in our preferred manner without nuisance.

Last edited: