Looking for new luggage

Wayne b

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm looking to replace my luggage as my current garbolino set (I think it is call spirit) which has seen better days and to be honest has been a bit crap from the start, ie seams coming open zips were crap and generally didn't hold up well at all.
So I'm looking at the matrix aquos luggage
Does anyone have this or have matrix luggage and can let me know how it holds up or can recommend some luggage my only criteria is that it needs to be black and blue (sorry) ????
Wayne.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Preston Innovations do some good stuff, I have the Monster hardcase carryall,holdall and two ready 2 rod holdalls, had them a few years, a quick wipe over and they are clean.
Or try the MAP parabolix luggage range,
I had the lay flat carryall, until a mouse decided to take a chunk out of it.
Drennan is ok but expensive, I bought the small carryall , not a patch on the Preston one.So Drennan for short stints and Preston for matches.

Reaction score
Or let the bloody mouse eat it and become a camo man,lol...

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I have a matrix aquos bait bag and it is very well made. At the price, excellent quality and looks good too. Spot on! Highly recommended.

I also have a Matrix ethos 4 ready rod hold-all, which again is excellent quality and unobtrusive colour wise, though does have some subtle green on black rather than blue. If you had this alongside your existing gear it wouldn’t match but also wouldn’t stick out like a sore thumb. As an item of tackle, for my purposes, it is superb.

Both of the above have had only limited use but I would definitely buy again if I needed the items.

I also have MAP dual hold-all, bait/tackle bag and carryall, which would fit your colour way. The latter two have seen extensive use and are still in pretty good nick, good quality. However, the hold-all handle clasps didn’t last 5 minutes.

I also had a MAP bib and brace which basically disintegrated in use due to poor design but they wouldn’t do anything about it so am gradually switching to matrix luggage.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Most of my luggage is PI apart from small grab n go bag and foil lined bait bag from Aldi, A small Drennan carryall, which only bought because PI one was still in Warrington, and a Frenzee 4 - 6 tube holdall for holidays, to save taking PI hardcase one. And bought a Daiwa Tournament double pole roller bag last week, brilliant piece of kit, better than Maver and PI.