Lower itchen fishery

barbelboi

Reaction score
SUNDAY DECEMBER 1ST

Here's the final list as per Peter's post on the other thread. Also £25.50 per angler to Neil on the day plus one of us to pay the river keeper. I'll be looking to get down there around 7.45 - 8am (sunrise 7.44).

1. Jerry (Barbelboi)
2. Ian (Itsfishingnotcatching)
3. Simon (Peter Crabtree)
3. Graham
5 & 6 Rog & Jimmy Hill
7 S-Kippy
8 Neil
9. Windy (Jonah)
10. Ian's (Itsfishingnotcatching) brother in law
11. Son of Meldrew
12. Edsurf
13. Keith Speer

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
S-Kippy, you could always pay £15 for a muffin and coffee at a service station...If it's as bad as last time take the aqualung along as well.

Peter. Just had msg from Keith who has just had his car bashed. probably not able to come now. sorry.

Graham

barbelboi

Reaction score
S-Kippy, you could always pay £15 for a muffin and coffee at a service station...If it's as bad as last time take the aqualung along as well.

Peter. Just had msg from Keith who has just had his car bashed. probably not able to come now. sorry.

Graham

That's a shame Graham, hopefully he'll be able to make it but not a problem money wise as we were running one extra and now we all just pay Neil.

PS Skippy, don't worry about Evan, by the time he starts loading up his car we'll be packing up.........;)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro

Having just spent the last 3 years ferrying beloved daughter to & from Southampton Uni I know all about M3 service stations. Winchester in particular is a bloody disgrace !

Thanks Simon.....I'm just a lazy git.

S'pose I'd better oil me pins and dig some proper gear out now.

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

PS Skippy, don't worry about Evan, by the time he starts loading up his car we'll be packing up.........;)

Yes...not known for his early starts is Brother Noah !

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
I'd better oil me pins and dig some proper gear out now.

2.75 test curve rod, 15lb line and a 10000 Baitrunner then S-kippy, if your stuck I've got some Preston 4oz feeders you can borrow

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

you could always pay £15 for a muffin

That cheap Graham!

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
S-Kippy.

My Daughter also is at Southampton Uni. Half way into another 4 years after 3 years at Durham Uni.

Bloody Expensive business especially as the Lad spent 3 years at Bath Uni.....

Worse thing is the number of times I get asked "where did they get their brains from.....!"

Waiting to hear from Keefy.

Graham

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Having just spent the last 3 years ferrying beloved daughter to & from Southampton Uni I know all about M3 service stations. Winchester in particular is a bloody disgrace !

If you use the A303 at all S-Kippy then you can always stop off at my place for something decent to eat.

I am only 5 minutes away from the A303

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Very kind of you Peter but I will do well enough to drag myself out of bed in enough time to be there for 7-45. Fortunately the car knows its way to Southampton.

I'll have something before I leave. Damned if I will use those footpads at Winchester.

mick b

Reaction score
Why don't those that want a decent breakie leave their gear with the others around 09.30 and decamp up the hill for a proper fill up, they can also bring back take out coffees for those who stayed behind?

Far better than all the options except Fleet.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Very kind of you Peter but I will do well enough to drag myself out of bed in enough time to be there for 7-45. Fortunately the car knows its way to Southampton.

I'll have something before I leave. Damned if I will use those footpads at Winchester.

I meant for your uni' taxi trips as I'll be in Oslo this Sunday enjoying a beer at around £12 a pint . . . . .

barbelboi

Reaction score
Sounds good - Would that be a freebe your house Mick?.......................;)

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

I meant for your uni' taxi trips as I'll be in Oslo this Sunday enjoying a beer at around £12 a pint . . . . .

I remember it was around £1 per half litre in Bergen hotels in the late 60's, you had to be bloody clever to get a drink out in the sticks then (unless you sampled the local moonshine).......:eek:

mick b

Reaction score
Sounds good - Would that be a freebe your house Mick?.......................;) /QUOTE]

Nooooo..........:rolleyes: The Haskins Garden Centre , Mansbridge Rd, West End, Southampton 023 8047 2324 Opens at 09.00 :D :D :D

Its 100m up the hill from the river.........highly recommended (if the good chef is on) acceptable if not ;)

Local info dispensed free unless we're in the Swan!

mick b

Reaction score
S-Kippy Fortunately my Uni trips are now over....Helen graduated last Tuesday.[/QUOTE said:
STOP PRESS

Helen has decided she would like to do post grad research :eek:mg:

Only kidding :D

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Had an excellent warm up session on Thursday down on the D. Stour where the chub obliged very nicely.

Now very much looking forward to tomorrow, promises to be another good social session with a bit of quality river fishing involved as well.