Lucky or Good?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Cor! mate! that is one decent chub by anyones standard and a bit of a result too on that gear. The avenger is a cracker of a rod almost as good as my sadly departed triple X :wh but it must have made your day to land it on fine match gear, all that practice over the years, thats what did it for you Mark.

richiekelly

Reaction score
i think that sometimes it is definatly better to be lucky than good,i tried for years to catch a 30lb pike eventually i gained access to a water with a seldom caught but known 30 in it, i caught it on my first visit it was down in weight at 28 so in this instance i was both lucky and unlucky.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Nice Chub Mark. Of course, that's the area two of Throops 8lbers have come from! Often the spot for some nice Perch as well the occassional decent Roach.

Luck is a very valuable asset and when allied to a bit of skill it's effect is often multiplied!

redalert06

Reaction score
nice article, hardly think an avenger 2000 is a light rod though being the heavy end of the range

CAT

Reaction score
Aye up Mark come on who you trying to kid 6lb2oz Chub caught on light tackle, you were spinning with jig heads i can see the size 2 white lure nailed in the top lip! lol

You can certainly take a photo ;-)