Maize Preparation

watatoad

Reaction score
I have always liked it for Tench and Bream in the later half of August through to October mixed in with other bits and bobs. Certainly gets them head down feeding.

dezza

Reaction score
I nearly forget to tell you about cornflakes. These are individually crushed and cooked grains of maize and are an excellent additive to groundbait. Soak in water to make them soft. They will also ferment.

Don't use Kellogs, they are too expensive. Most supermarkets have their own cheap "no-name" cornflakes.

B

Berty

Soak it overnight then simmer it until it turns soft. Then soak it for at least 10 days in a warmish place. You can add yeast, but the wild yeasts in the atmosphere will invade the maize and fermentation will take place. At this period use it on the hook hair rigged.

I warn you the aroma and fumes from the mix might send you a little ga ga. No driving after preparing this stuff.

But the fish, especially the carp will fight to get at it.

Now that is a very constructive post Ron.

It had to happen ;)

little oik

Reaction score
The Cornflake Maize that you are talking about you can buy from agri shops (over here you can anyway ) its called Flaked Maize and comes in 20kg sacks for about 8 yo yos .Cheap as chips apart from its maize:D

little oik

Reaction score
I use flaked and ground maize ,ewe nuts (not calf nuts because of the copper content ) Layers mash(poultry food) and wheat all at 8 yo yos a sack .1 of each lasts me for the summer for my prebaiting sessions
.Its only because I like to "spod the grannie" out of the lakes I fish :wh

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
If you try it, let us know what you think. I'm determined to give it a try this year...been meaning to for ages.

A very pleasant evening on Tuesday but Mr Carp not playing ball. Not a bleep. Have baited up with the alcaholic maize and will keep it going in. As an asside, there are some young pigs being fattened up adjacent to the lake, they went berzerk for the maize! If only the carp were as greedy!

Stu