Making Traces

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
So how do you make your traces? Do you reckon your way is better/safer/easier than Chris’s?

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Chris's method of using Wonderwire sounds right to me .I don't like crimps but as he quite corectly says the knot (or to give it its proper name "Larks head) gives the strength the crimp merely retaining the loose ends. As I noticed another poster was asking for details on making traces I have been working on a "Tackle Workshop" article.It will be with you Tuesday evening Graham.Had to do diagrams as the digi cams pictures do not show enough detail.

M

mike smith

Yes, wonderwire is expensive stuff. It's more expensive when you buy it and can't figure out how to tie the damn stuff with any security.
Thanks for the instructions, but one question. When you pass the loop through the eye of the bottom treble, do you just make a loop, or tie a loop ?
I am presuming you just make a loop, then bend the small free end back slightly, so that you have three lengths to fill the inside of the crimp before crimping.
I don't have to swear and throw it to one side any more !!

Cheers.

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Yes youve got it Mike.When using crimps it is always advisable too pass the wire through three times