Marsh Farm 18th July

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Yes it's still on, so if there are anymore who want to come along, just put your name down.

I know it's a week day, but it wont be mad with anglers rushing around all over the place.

barbelboi

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Ray, when’s last orders as my son may be able to make it as a guest depending on work?[/FONT]

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Ray, when’s last orders as my son may be able to make it as a guest depending on work?[/FONT]

No last orders, if he can make the day then all the better, if he can't, maybe next time

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Skippy,

Just a fish in, take a few photo's if any decent fish are caught, a nice day out catching fish in good company, what more do you need ?

I dont know if you can hire a keepnet for anyone who wants to, I don't own one anymore.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I set the time so everyone would get there early, rather than people just turn up as and when they wanted, we wouldnt know who was who.

If some want a match between them, thats fine with me, we will draw for pegs at 8.30am, i am going to have breakfast first............:)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Me too...provided they let me in. Last time I was there I walked off with somebody else's bacon roll.Unfortunately the bloke whose roll I nicked looked like Giant Haystacks.

That's the Owner,...........................To shut up, £50 in the Kitty for some drinks after..................:D

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Ha ha ha...it was an honest mistake . I didn't know Haystacks had ordered one so when said roll arrived I naturally assumed it was mine. Haystacks was trying to lever himself off a new bedchair [super double extra extra fat *******] at the time.

I hid behind Phil and let him explain.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
We've started writing orders for food down with a customer's name on the ticket lately as we've had some big match turn-outs. 40, 60 even 80 anglers.

Funnily enough I've gone right off burgers, I've seen so many this year, but it does mean we shouldn't make food order mistakes again. Fingers crossed.

Do call in or ring the day before to find out what is working, as the place does change from week to week. It also changes when a match is on...all that bait going in at once can make them very cautious.

If you want worm or caster ( THE tactic until recently) just order it a day or so ahead and it will be collected that morning for you most likely.

I see you have now booked 12 pegs...I was a bit concerned when I saw no booking for you on Sunday.

http://my.calendars.net/marshfarm/d01/07/2011?display=M&style=B&positioning=A

Last edited:

red creel

Reaction score
Please put my name down as i am free that day.Hardly been on the site since the winter as i have had health issues but a day out at M.F. would help the healing process along nicely.

Andy

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Good to have you come along Andy.

It doesn't matter if there is 12 or 50, it's a day out fishing in good company, and a well earned day off work.

peter,

I don't know about the nets, I will ring them and post back.

red creel

Reaction score
Thanks Ray looking forward to meeting you all.

Regarding the net issue last time i visited MF admittedly this about a year ago the policy was you could use your own net but it had to be inspected by the guy in the shop.

No idea of the current situation though, perhaps a MF regular could enlighten us.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Take your landing net head into the shop, they'll check to see if its dry!

No keepnets unless in a match (and then I believe you can use theirs) exceptions for GAS members I believe.

Will Barnard

Reaction score
Go on then, ill have some of this.
Put me down....for a ticket not...you know...with a gun...or anything...just a ticket

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Good to see your coming along Will.

Net's, as Neil has said, landing net into the shop so they know it's dry. keepnets from the shop, but as we are not having a match no need for one. That doesn't mean that some of you can't have a match between yourselves if you wish.