Marsh Farm 18th July

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
hello Ray, the reason I asked about nets was if by some chance one of us caught a specimen fish it could be retained in a keepnet for long enough for a photo.
simon.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I am sure there will be someone on hand to take a photo, and a very short time in a landing need shouldn't do any harm.

remember it's an FM fish in, so any fish is worth a picture...................:)

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
remember it's an FM fish in, so any fish is worth a picture...................:)

Ha ha ha....how uncomfortably true.

Bearing in mind the grumblings after Clattercote has an official photographer been appointed and/or someone to do a write up ? :confused:

I'm happy to do a write up if nobody else has the gig but not photo's...I'm no good with cameras.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Well done Mr S-Kippy for volunteering to write up the trip. Most appreciated. I'm sure there will be lots of pix that various people will be glad to contribute.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Too soon to say yet.....what worked in matches a month ago is not working now when matches start, but still works until the 'all-in'.

I'll post something nearer the time.

You could do worse than squirrel away a can of luncheon meat though.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
A mate of mine fished it the other day and reports:

"Fished from about 8am-12noon & had a pretty good morning with lots of action. Finished with 12 crucians to 2.12 – no real biggies, but about half of them were over 2lbs. Also had 7 tench to 5.9, all good ones, and about 20 roach"

This was from the Harris lake

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Geoff,

That would be good news if we were fishing Harris, but we are not............:mad::mad:,

Windy,

Dont forget your Clogs..................:D:D

I will bring some Scales.

Will post final details tomorrow night

Got to go, dogs need to walk around the lakes to see the Tench Rolling.........:wh:D

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I think I will be fishing Harris. I might as well because I have to leave at midday, so don't put in in the draw if you were thinking of having one.

Windy

Reaction score
Anyway, as long as I get my usual few hours sleep in on the bank I shall be happy.... :wh

Last edited:

Windy

Reaction score
Do we need to book breakfast for monday?
If so I'm in.......

Now there's a man with an eye to the really important things in life ! If so then ditto, line up the greasy bacon sarnies.

What time if breakfasting as well ? Still 8.30 for 10.00 ?

Really rather looking forward to it. Weather forecast not too bad even, mild sprinkles rather than genuinely wetting precipitation and a West wind too boot, and you know what they say about that :rolleyes:

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
I'll pop over later and try and find out how the knock out match went last night and how it's fishing.

If I get nothing, I'd consider worm over caster on the pole, as light as the conditions will let you get away with, absolute minimal feed, done often.

Worth baiting the margins for later, particularly if you have a vacant peg next to you.

The 'method' to the island, hard pellet into softened micro-pellet on the frame, clipped up tight, and don't do it to feed. The splashes will drive them out. Chuck it and be patient.

Don't forget your brolly:mad:

July, huh?

Griddle turned on by 0730 hrs.

Good Luck, everyone. I hope you have a great day.

Those of you fishing Harris could do worse than fish the near margin quietly with a soft hooklink ( flat braid?) to some small shot or a swivel under a pole float! A sort of supple and super light bolt rig, just enough to set the hook after you've tempted them with your light end gear.

Or not. These ARE crucians:rolleyes: