Marsh Farm 18th July

red creel

Reaction score
Apologies for bailing out early but a combination of the other half needing my presence at home and my sciatica giving me jip meant i was all through by 4.45pm.

Didn't trouble the scorers much one decent tench and what felt like a crucian on for a few seconds were the highlights plus a smattering of small roach and rudd.

Good to meet you all.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Yes - nice to put some faces to names at last. Sorry I had to clear off early but I was double booked.
I had one crucian, bumped off another and had about 50 bites I couldn't connect with. I don't think I've ever know a july day to be so cold - apart from one day in Wales when I was in a blizzard up a mountain.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Skippy knows i am trying to get steam coming out of his eye's.....:wh, I won't say anything about him and Prince Charles being look alike's.......Ooooopppppp's I did................:D

What ? Have you been drinking bait dips again ? Brucey I'll give you but not Prince Charles. For the record kindly note that I had two more tench after the former holder of the roach/bream hybrid record hoyed off early like a big girl to dodge the traffic.:w 10 minutes after he did so the Met Office duly delivered the Tempest it had promised us. :eek:

Now I know how Noah must have felt. I didn't so much leave as float away on the tide.

But I really enjoyed the day. It was challenging but I'd rather that than hauling out ruddy carp all day long. I can't wait to go back and have another crack at the place...as soon as my gear has dried out.

I shall require a full list of runners & riders plus catches at your convenience please...plus any pictures. Best if you PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Come on Gentlemen...dont be shy. I need to know what you caught,any pictures you might have taken and any evidence of Clarkey rule breaking.

And it would help if those of you I dont know well could tell me your real names otherwise I shall have to use your forum names which I dont think is terribly friendly.

Skippy [that's what everybody calls me and the name I prefer above all others]

barbelboi

Reaction score
Didn't manage any pics at MF but got one on the road home.:eek:mg:
barbelboi-albums-c1-picture2668-flood-2.jpg

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Gentlemen

I have been positively inundated with photo's of the day...so many in fact that I have abandoned any attempt to build my write up around the pictures. I will forward these to a very nice man and let him decide which to use & where....though I shall be bitterly disapointed if my tench doesn't make the cut AND Geoff M's crucian. I did not think either species came in extra extra small !

I have a few minor additions to make to the write up tonight and then it will be in the hands of my publishers. No call from Murdoch yet...I would have thought he needed all the stuff he could get at the moment.

I am obliged etc...and thanks for organising it Ray. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Skippy