Marsh Farm Fish In

Dave Slater

Reaction score
My friend Steve, who is a very good angler, fished Marsh Farm on Friday and says it was very hard going. Only a few fish were caught by the anglers there, and nothing of any size. It has not been too great the last couple of times I have fished it either.
I will be going there Tuesday and Thursday next week and will let you know how it fishes.
I have a feeling that the suggestion of leaving the fish in until late July could be a good one as I was catching far more fish in the summer months last year than I have been doing recently.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
School term dates

Schools do vary, of course, but it seems that if you visit before 22.7.11 you'll beat the holiday crowds.

That is a Friday, so why not look to visit just before that?

The only match booked that week is the Apollo Open at 12noon on the Wednesday on Richardson.

http://my.calendars.net/marshfarm/d01/07/2011?display=M&style=B&positioning=A

Fishing is hard at the moment, and this change in the weather won't help, but I'm sure it'll pick-up soon and will be fishing its socks off by late July.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Steve wasnt there today to sort out the date, so i will talk with him tomorrow.

The problem with a Monday is evening matches start soon on Richardson.

barbelboi

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Who said the crucians aren’t feeding at MF at the moment.:D[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note the use of an unhooking mat.:eek:[/FONT]

barbelboi-albums-stoke-place-2-picture2574-mf-crue.jpg

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I probably cant make a Monday or Tuesday but might turn up and barrack from the sidelines. Or see you at a pub afterwards.

Given a choice, I would go for a "social day out" with the option to fish either main lake. The whole setup there makes for a very easy social atmosphere as well as good fishing.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Just an update to say that the steadying of the weather and the rain ( at last! ) seem to have done the trick, fishing wise.

A Club only match on Harris yesterday produced a winning weight of 71lb.

Steve Moore came second with 69lb.

I told you not to let him play!

Bearing in mind this is the specimen lake, rather than the 'match lake', if Richardson may be called that...I can only gibber in amazement that such weights can be caught!

A further observation...this coming weekend Richardson is booked for a match on Saturday and BOTH lakes are booked for a match on Sunday.

Slim pickings for day ticket visitors and Club members alike...I'd hate to think of anyone travelling a long way to find the place full, please make sure your pals are aware of this situation and remind folk of the match calendar here....

marshfarm: June 2011