Marsh Farm Fish In

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Ok people, give me some dates for a fish in on Harris lake at Marsh Farm, Godalming, Surrey.

For any new members reading this thread, and you fancy a days fishing, meeting other members then come along.

I will get costs etc etc and post them on here.

Anyone got a link to where Marsh Farm is so members can look it up.

Add your name if you want to fish, with some dates please

cheers

Ray

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

Calling Mr Woodhouse, Please change the title to read Marsh Farm Fish In, thank you my ba**s up

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Slater

Reaction score
I may attend, but I much prefer fishing there when it is not too busy, so I may give it a miss depending on the date.
Personally I think Richardson would be the best bet for this event as there is a far larger head of fish, so everybody should catch, plus the fact that this is the main match lake and is more used to events catering for several people.
There are big fish in Richarson as well as Harris, the only reason I fish Harris is to be selective, but if a lot of people were fishing Richardson some big fish should be caught among the big catches.

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Just to add that there are no crucians in Richardson's, but there are bream and the odd common carp that gets in, whereas Harris lake has no carp or bream but does have specimen crucians.

With the two lakes sharing a strip of land between them one could fish either lake and not be far from one another.

It tends to be quieter early in the week, though nothing is ever certain, and when the school holidays start it can get busy on any day.

For those not familiar with the area, Marsh Farm is VERY near Milford railway station, just to the East on Station Lane, Enton. Milford itself is just off the A3 London to Portsmouth road, which runs South West from Junction 10 of the M25 motorway. Guildford is ten miles to the North.

Map of Milford Sta in Surrey

On that map the entrance is by the 5 of LC57, whatever that is?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Any day but Sunday.
Plenty of fish in Harris (what’s the point in having a get to gether at a venue like MF and fishing for skimmers?) also those renown roach that give 'unmissable' bites.:D

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
With the two lakes sharing a strip of land between them one could fish either lake and not be far from one another.
So if I bring my swivel seat, I can have a cast in one and if nothing's doing I can swivel around and have a cast in t'other? :)

Early June would be best for me, but midweek anytime would be fine. I'm likely to be away first week of July.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Right to keep you upto date,

I spoke to Steve this morning, and very helpful he was.

If we are going to have a match, then Richardson lake is the one to fish, and Steve will put up a couple of Prizes, he will also join in the fish in, but should he win he wont take a Prize.

I will be talking to Steve again on Friday regarding dates etc etc, the river seson is close so this may not happen until end July time, many will want to get onto the rivers come June/early July

If we have more than 10, day tickets will be £6.

Now do we have a midweek fish in and a weekend fish in ???? the problem is staying away from there being a match the day before.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Just to add that there are no crucians in Richardson's, but there are bream and the odd common carp that gets in, whereas Harris lake has no carp or bream but does have specimen crucians.

I'm amazed, has it been netted?

I've had many Crucians from Richardson's, mainly 1lb+, but that was 2 and 3 years ago. I've also had 3 over 3lbs from there as well. Have you killed them all off? :eek:

For those who may not know, the set up at Marsh Farm is excellent:

• Good car park
  • Good extensive tackle shop, some cracking bacon and egg rolls and a couple of dodgy characters
  • Excellent loo facilities
  • Short walks to most areas of the well laid out lakes.
  • Comfortable swims in an excellent environment.
  • Long and fairly narrow lakes, islands in the middle, responds well to pole, running line float and feeder.
  • In my opinion it makes for a very sociable venue and a cracking venue for a friendly meet.

Milford, Godalming, Surrey - Google Maps

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Ooops! I meant to write 'there are no specimen crucians in Richardson's', though there might be the odd one or two now.

I plead exhaustion.

There are matches on Monday, Wednesday and Friday in Summer, I think, so it's a bit hard not to follow one.

I'd presumed you'd all want to come for the big crucians in Harris?

Do look at this, and click on the other months at the top..before you commit...

marshfarm: May 2011

I wouldn't let the Boss play...he'll wipe the floor with you! There again, if he's putting up a prize......

( I had an idea he would:))

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Ray, I'm for a midweek. Avoiding first week in July, any other time/day will do. I'm easy.

I'll alert our boss as well, I'm sure he'd like to meet you all....... :p :p :p :eek::eek:mg:

barbelboi

Reaction score
I’m not mentioning this because I'm remotely in favour of Harris at all:wh. Just a thought though, with such a heavy match program on Richardson during the week leaving only two days free and the fish still stuffing the leftover groundbait for the other two, surely Harris is the way to go?. :rolleyes: