Marukyu JPZ pellets,

markcw

Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Today I have found a supply of Marukyu JPZ pellets,
I used these regularly a few years ago with some success, I bought a jar of 6mm Red and 6mm black pellets,
I will be trying them out tomorrow, and if have a decent day I will be going back for a few more jars. And hopefully find a few jars of the green pellets .

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Those pellets were all the rage a few years ago. In fact one of FM's more regular female contributors went to work for them in a marketing capacity.

Like most "vogue" baits they too seemed to disappear from the scene after a while . . . .

markcw

Reaction score
They were my "secret bait" on a venue in the north west when I fished club matches on there, Always did well using those,
On another venue I fed hemp and fished a black JPZ on the hook, again with good results,

hague01

Reaction score
I have a few of these which I won as job lots on ebay auctions which I put with ground bait. I find the blacks best for catching on the hook. Unless you use very fine wire hooks though, only the tough will stay on a hook. Use bigger than 12 and they split, except the toughs. If anyone wants any just shout. I have maybe 20 new various jars. Not selling black though. I used them also to make a liquid glug with another household ingredient. Works too. I find the credence corn best. Red most successful but yellow scores too. Again I look out for remainders although for the yellow, I had to go to Zagreb for and buy loads, but sold all save what I want. I but bought another yellow here last week .Not had much success with the imitation maggots though.
I am a big fan of their glugs too, go all flavours save 1. Still some around for sale but suggest avoid Italy as carriage is crippling!

markcw

Reaction score
I am getting these on buy one jar get one free. May get the green Nori ones next, I would have bought the groundbait but at the moment i have enough Dynamite Baits groundbait to last a while, along with Sensas River, this is ready mixed in a foil bag, just empty into groundbait bowl and either run through a riddle or use straight from the bowl. It's also ideal for covering luncheon meat, especially where there is a groundbait ban, You are using "dusted" meat. Not meat in 2" of groundbait.

hague01

Reaction score
I can't get arrested with the green, that's why I chop them up and add to ground bait. But to be fair I fish with max 12 hooks so catch accordingly.

mikench

Reaction score
I couldnt resist Alec so some black are on their way ( tough and various sizes) to try. If you want a jar just say and ill pop one in the post.

hague01

Reaction score
For some reason I only ever saw black tough in 6 and 8 where all 3 flavours in soft went up to and included 10.I cant recall any colour in tough at 10. . They do work for me. Perhaps the fish down here are cannier than those oop north.
I remember the launch in or about 2012. A triumph of marketing bull. At one stage they were passing hands on ebay for £20 per jar. I thought myself fortunate to buy 2 jars at list. They were red I think and later green and black came along. I was unfairly critical though as at the launch as red 6 and I was upset they split on a 12 hook. I am still an idiot!

mikench

Reaction score
Its ( being an idiot) )a very good quality Alec and one that has served me well. Smiley face. My emojis have gone like my brain.

markcw

Reaction score
Away from the JPZ , I was looking at a tub of Spotted Fin 2mm ready to use micros, Basically straight out of the tub and onto feeder, At £10 a tub its nots far of buying a couple of bags of unprepared pellets and doing your own. I may give them a try,
I bought some more yellow and white Fujuka pellets, these are from AD. Some anglers like them,others dont, I have had success using them on a couple of waters I fish around Oxford, not tried them in north west yet . I am going to get a bag of black ones for use on the canal and river, they are similar size to hemp, and a couple can be moulded to a rare size, so feed hemp, fish Fujuka.

mikench

Reaction score
I tried the JPZ pellets in black yesterday without a nibble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hague01

Reaction score
Perhaps that will teach you not to listen to idiots. A lawyer, at your age!

markcw

Reaction score
I tried the JPZ pellets in black yesterday without a nibble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Take no notice Mike, once the fish get the taste you will be catching the big ones.
Feed softened micros and fish a JPZ over the top.I think you can still get the groundbait to match the hatch so to speak

hague01

Reaction score
As I said earlier in this thread, the only ones which worked well for me was black. The 8 tough or ten soft. Try a cocktail Mike. A piece of corn or something of a contrasting colour works too. Perseverance is the key.

steve2

Reaction score
To be honest I never found them to be any better than plain old farm shop bought pellet. Just over priced, over hyped when compared to every other pellet on the market.

mikench

Reaction score
I can't help being impulsive Alec and don't like to think I may have missed out on something . I will try them again tomorrow.

hague01

Reaction score
As I said earlier many of us were caught by the marketing hype at launch. In a perverse way, mine, I have now a number of their sprays, glugs, jpz , credence corn in various flavours and targeting their use. It's different and fun. Isn't that what it's all about, fishing and life?