Meadway Roach

C

Chris Theobald

Can anyone tell me how, where and when to catch good Roach, Chub and Bream from the Medway

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Chris - if you mean the River Medway, you can catch good chub throughout it's length, but particularly on the upper reaches above Tonbridge. Contact Tunbridge Wells AC for more info. Roach and Bream can be found around Tonbridge and below. There are reports currently of a big resident shoal of bream at Hartlake Bridge. Tonbridge AC control this I think and day tickets are available

P

Pete Falloon

Chris - as a boy I had a roach of 1lb 12 oz from Ashurst weirpool on the medway (TWells AC stretch). Books are of the order of 60-70 smackers though. Also v.large barbel, carp, chub and allsorts in there. hard work!

G

Goose Ganderton

chris according to tonbridge AC they have roach to 3Ib. i will dig out their maps and let you know which stretches they are in. but right now i am off to the T/Wells section for a spot of barbeling, i have just herd that a 15Ib fish came out last week.

P

Pete Falloon

Goosey, I met a bloke last week who had been fishing for barbel, I think Ashurst weir is the place to try! I like the look of Fordcombe weir too, unfortunately it's Natwest AC. Hope this helps

Pete

P

peter webber

chris- try maidstone town stretch behind the court house. they tend to congregate there in winter with bream and run to 2lb plus, or try yalding by the weir where big bream and roach can be found in large numbers.

T

tim willis

can any one give me the web address for tonbbidge ac thanks