Morale booster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
110 yards?????? Just how good is your eyesight?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
110 yards?????? Just how good is your eyesight?

Going off your weight guessing it's better than yours :w:eek:mg:.

I always like to have a few yards extra incase a fish bolts off downstream on a long trot.
Distance/long trotting is another reason that I use a bolo float with a long sight tip. Some days you can't see the float at anything like that distance in swims that you can on other days, the wind and the light determins that.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last year I met our local vicar fishing from the beach off Whitstable, I thought this might be a good man to befriend, contacts and all that. Here he is fishing in the shallow warm waters of Seasalter hoping (praying maybe) for a bass, didn’t work, I’m still a non believer.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
IMG_4945.jpg

So you think you're strong?

Aknib

Reaction score
I can just imagine a spray of tiny, pin prick bubbles working their way along the edge of the pads before the float slowly slides away...

mikench

Reaction score
I don't know what went wrong there but hopefully remedied now.

I am listening to Desert Island Discs with Brian Cox the actor. He is a lovely man and has chosen some eclectic music. He talked about his teaching drama to students and repeating some advice given to him by his later father. He was advised to always carry with him a picture of himself as a small boy because that was who he was, an innocent and beautiful human being not burdened with anxiety , angst, accumulated worries and life's woes. In these extraordinary and difficult times we would do well to take this advice on board and remember happy days.

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
I just love these little fellas, I know they can be seen as the death knell for matchman but I've never found it.

I reckon it's just that they'll pull your string when nothing else is prepared to...

Keith M

Reaction score
I can just imagine a spray of tiny, pin prick bubbles working their way along the edge of the pads before the float slowly slides away...

If I had a pound for every time the bubbles carried on right past my float with just tremble of the float (because the Tench were sucking deep down in the silt after bloodworm etc. and missed my bait which was lying on top of the silt); I’d be rich :eek:mg::) but the anticipation is still electric.:)

Keith

Last edited:

Reaction score
Imagine an ostrich pilfering your bait box,christ you'd sh1t yourself eh?