Morale booster

nottskev

Reaction score
It certainly is Kev, lovely dark colour for their small size aren't they?

Indeed! I recognised where you where by the bricks under your net in the pic. Anglers- photographic memories for good swims!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Edited post

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
Taken in north Dartmoor just before a storm arrived during late September a few years ago.

The calm before the storm

Keith

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Mark Mark that is a world renouned BB. Those initials don't stand for the eponymous author but Binka Bobber. Aknib Bobber doesn't cut it for me. These are fabulous hand made delights.

Is mine in the post Steve?:rolleyes:

He did and all survived to tell the tale but i have tended to keep it quiet for understandable reasons. I even caught tench with it, tench I still can't believe it.:)

Mike, Mike I prefer the initials MB for the float.
Marker Bouy.
Sounds a better description :wh

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was happily catching dace on a river when esox apprehended this unfortunate one as I was retrieving it....

It did bolt off when I released it and even though it had very deep wounds it may well have survived.

Keith M

Reaction score
These two pictures show the same stream about a mile apart.

This shows the upper reaches of my favourite stream where you can almost jump across it in places. You wouldn’t believe that it produces decent sized Roach and Dace, Barbel up to around 7½lb-ish and some decent sized Chub.

And this shows the same stream a bit further downstream where it is a bit wider and deeper and the Barbel and Chub grow a tad bigger (see below).

Keith

Keith M

Reaction score
This ex trout lake holds some very hard to catch Grass Carp and some good Tench fishing.

Keith

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Edited post

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
This picture was taken of a lake that has often been seen in movies and on TV and the picture was taken in early spring before the lillies start to erupt.
Ive caught some nice Carp close to those islands on the left and also quite a few nice Tench and Crucian from there over the years.

Keith

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
Anyone remember this, I must have seen it elsewhere a thousand times and still remember taking the original picture...

I only wish I'd taken a shot of him rowing the baits out ;)

no-one in particular

Reaction score
My two most well used floats, well worn, past their sell by date but still loved. Great pictures by the way on this thread.

Keith M

Reaction score

The perch on the right with no clear stripes came from a muddy pond (all of the perch in this muddy pond were like this) and the one on the left came from a much clearer pond with lots of insect life and plankton and weedbeds.

Keith

Last edited: