My Gomexus Plug & Play "Power Handles" Will Fit my Inspira & Epixors!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
The "Plug & Play" is a Whole Arm Replacement-Stronger Than Just The Knob Replacement by Itself!

I'm answering questions on if the screw-on arm of Okuma's Epixor & Inspira Spinning Reels can be replaced by the "Plug & Play" accessory arm assemblage by Gomexus. The answer is yes, it can. I was asked to verify this as this style of threaded hexagon shape was originally meant for the Ceymar type of spinning reels. But i've found it doesn't work with the new Ceymar HD line. Also if the spinners are above the 4000 size, say a 5K the arms assemblage won't be able to fully power the cranking ability of the reel.

In earlier testing i've confirmed these 2 discoveries & informed Vernon of Gomexus on this. Since then i've found a few Olympus released spinning reels that Gomexus products did fit. Also some Okuma reels that weren't previously thought to not fit these additional knobs & arms, but did. The "accidental" discoveries were made by using parts milled for Daiwa products. The Olympus discoveries were an extra bonus.

Attachments

• Cover-My Gomexus %22Plug & Play%22.jpg
    Cover-My Gomexus %22Plug & Play%22.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

nottskev

Reaction score
Problems with your Power Knob Replacement? Should this be in the Ailment thread?

mikench

Reaction score
Who the heck needs something like that. Even I know that they won’t catch me more fish. It’s like a bike for goldfish.

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
Who the heck needs something like that. Even I know that they won’t catch me more fish. It’s like a bike for goldfish.
Nothing wrong in taking pride in your equipment. Car owners often accessorize parts if needed or not. I myself prefer the faster retrieve of these knobs over the factory ones. It also helps to keep the fish on the hook because of that.

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
Problems with your Power Knob Replacement? Should this be in the Ailment thread?
Yes, this replaces the knob but it also replaces the whole arm assembly. Much faster this way. A lot of anglers don't realize how weak some factory rocker style arms are. I have pics showing a very thin piece of broken metal at the junction that keeps everything aligned. Companies from Gomexus to Goture recognizes this flaw. I own 100's of reels. Yup, hundreds. Also rods. I helped out many companies in designing as well as field testing. I recently received a 5K spinner that the arm snapped when i fought in a 2-3lb Jack. The weak spot? That same junction i explained before. But they decided to bury this by not responding to me. I went as far as taking a video of this that included high res pics of the break. The company president said he will get right on this. That was over a month ago. I know he lied to me because he said his factory will study the vid i made of this. He doesn't realize i can see when that private URL is accessed. He decided to bury it. But i gave him a second chance by re-submitting the pics & vid and again he buried it. Sometimes the lure of money is more important than taking care of one's customers.

A good company is Gomexus. They advertised the "Plug & Play" knob can fit all Ceymar Spinning Reels. I found a certain model of Ceymar that it didn't work on. Why? Because most reels have a geared passage way for the shape of the rod or the exposed gearing will mesh into. HD's create more power from cranking as the internal gearing meshes with the arm's gearing differently creating more torque. In the past i've helped fishing companies from designing to field testing. I've also done this with diving gear as well.