Name badges

M

MarkTheSpark

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Kevin Perkins * * * * * * * * wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Well done Bryan, a well deserved win on a difficult day. NIce to be able to put a few more faces to FM 'names' (perhaps we should do do name badges for all the Fish-Ins, certainly helps at Clattercote) and I'll just echo Marks thanks to Ron for the organisation</blockquote>

I mentioned this to Ron at the Press Manor fish-in, and he quite reasonably said he'd worn his fair share of name badges at business conventions, and wasn't about to start again.

But the truth was, I had no idea who half the crew were ay Press Manor; at least I knew or had time to meet the other half, but to our newcomers it must have been really daunting. I hope everyone who came got all the help they needed, but - formal though it is - you can't beat a meeting at the start to introduce everyone, a run-down of timings and rules, and then the wearing of name badges to get things going.

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

good idea I like putting names to faces/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif i shall go and fetch my blue peter box of assorted bottle tops and sticky backed plastic and set to work on a badge

W

Wolfman Woody

Name badges are good ideas at events like we have.

It's also a good idea to put on the badge were the member comes from so we know where to send them back to when they forget.

Windy

Reaction score
I agree. But they really need to be pictures, not words and letters, don't you think ?

So I would have a cherub blowing gusts of wind.....

Woody would have a pic of Meldrew, or perhaps a..... no. come to think of it that wouldn't work.

Not just the difficulty of pinning a picture of a woody on Woody's chest.

It's what we would have to pin on Matt Corker's badge.... /forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif

On reflection, words and letters will be just fine.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
At my first fish-in someone came over and said to me:

"hello again Wol, have you been out much lately?"

I just smiled. - Dont know if I should take the mistake as a compliment or not??????

Warren what do you think?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Definitely NOT a compliment ---- Wol's a TIT !!!

slime monster

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Windy wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I agree. But they really need to be pictures, not words and letters, don't you think ?

So I would have a cherub blowing gusts of wind.....

Woody would have a pic of Meldrew, or perhaps a..... no. come to think of it that wouldn't work. </blockquote>
what the hell would i have?

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>slime monster wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>what the hell would i have?</blockquote>
a picture of Jeffrey Archer.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I'm Vera....oops, I mean, I was /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif......heard I snuffed it, why didn't anyone tell me/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Reaction score
If Sywell is anything to go by....

it looks like the Spiller clan have turned badge-makinginto the family business. Fancy using child labour though!! Nice one Joel!

Great idea guys! Cu all soon /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Just put "Les Clark" on it, everybody knows you're a "Short arse piss head , gobby old git who blanks" /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif