Nash Chairs

cardinal

Reaction score
Being a fine strapping specimen of manhood I am considering getting a Nash Indulgence Big Daddy chair but can't find a max weight load. Anyone have experience of these chairs or knowledge of the max load figures?

or advice on similar chairs for the more strapping (with extra padding) figure.

cheers john

B

binka

Not sure on what to recommend I'm afraid but one thing to watch on the Nash chairs are those plastic (or nylon?) collars that join the adjustable legs to the main frame... They bend under load when the legs are extended!

This will in turn make the chair very difficult to adjust the legs.

It's happened on both Indulgence Nomads that I've owned in the past and is a problem on the Peg One I still have but I refuse to buy another while ever they are using these collars, they're just a silly weak point imo.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
My mate the legendary "Big Phil" has one of they Big Daddies and he's a fairly hefty Specimen . Most comfortable chair he says he's ever had but it's a heavy one. Dunno about max loading but you'd have thought there was a clue in the name. These are not for boys !

john step

Reaction score
I have had one for a couple of years. I am 16+ stone. It is very comfortable.
Never had trouble with any joints or adjustments. It comes with sleeves to insulate the cold to touch metal arms in winter.

However...it weighs a ton. I only use it when I am close to the car.
It was bought for those times when the old back plays up and there is need for indulgence as the name says.It is un der these circumstances I pick my venue to suit the close proximity to my car.

A stalking chair it is not:D

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score

sagalout

Reaction score
Please keep in mind that Binka can freak up anything that the human mind can devise.

I have been accused of being a salad dodger been as high as 19 stone but I am now a sylph like 16. I like the nash indulgence chairs and have not had a problem that wasn't fair wear and tear over a number of years.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Just a thought. Try looking on YouTube. I recall seeing a vid on there of somebody field testing a bedchair designed for rhinos. Due respect to the star of the vid but he was the size of one of Jupiters moons and the bedchair got a right good working over as a result. It survived.

cardinal

Reaction score
Yeah, I have seen that youtube video of the bedchair,

Being 20 stone, max loading has to be a consideration and being honest with myself I am only likely to be fishing commercials for some time to come so chair weight is a minor consideration.

cheers for the advice though guys.

john