NEC 11

K

Kevan Farmer

Hey Steve /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif small world eh? I used to make it a point of finding Barry and having a chat with him at previous shows. I loved watching his restoration of the Hardy fly rod I mentioned.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
Hi kev/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Yea i would of been great to see a bit or rod restorstion.I don't know about des tayler saying it's a bloody car boot stall when i asked him what he thought of it he put it a lot stronger than that and so did Wilson first time i've not seen him laugh at somthing to do with fishing i think the face he pulled was somthing like this./forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

K

Kevan Farmer

Well, this is a little bit naughty as it is for another website; please forgive me Graham /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif I wrote a proper piece about this years show. If you are interested you might like to take a look Review: Go Fishing 2008 N.E.C Birmingham

Iain Riley

Reaction score
Cheers Kev a very well writen peice if not a bit to pollite.i also got my ticket free thank god because won't be going again .Exsepte for thr odd smatering of selebs of the fishing world there wasn't much on offer i found a few bargins like yourself but was sorly as uninpreesed as the celebs doing there bit. Hopfully we shall see what Keith has to say on this weeks tight lines as i know they were there because i got video,d heckling Matt Hayes in a nice way,bait was cheeper at my local tackle shops unless you brought in bulk which somone traveling by train can'tthats it .Letts hope some enterprizing person picks up the torch and runs with it there isn't enough shows in the west midlands as it is it's all down south(god thats gonna start one)but it's just not fare Britans biggest past time has been redused to a one hall boot stall as Des Taylor said to someone else he used stronger language to mebut lets look on the bright sidethree months to go and it all starts again./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Iain Riley

Reaction score
P.S in thirty years of fishing i've never had that elusive tench ether i dream of the dame things at night when i sleep so your not allone mate./forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

K

Kevan Farmer

Hi Iain /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif Glad you enjoyed the write up. I deliberately had to be polite for obvious reasons.. To be honest though, if you strat really laying into anything it's all too easy to lose your readers. That's why I tried to find some positives to say about it all. Nobody likes to read a purely negative write up.

I suspect that the stall prices were down to the N.E.C management rather than EMAP. Maybe they should think of a nice venue just up the road a little way? Stafford County Showground? I would imagine the prices would be a lot less and thus attract the manufacturers back to the show. Add to that parking is good there too.

As for those tench /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif I used to regularly fish a local pool when I first started in my angling career. It was pretty much an every day after school thing and I caught plenty of tench from there. Sadly, the pool is now day ticket and is not even a mere shadow of what it once was. The club I'm in do have a silver fish pool with no carp but a good number of tench to at least 7lb. I must concentrate on that one this year... Fingers crossed.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean theres a pool less than a mile or twofrom where i live loverly lily pads small island all kinds of fish but it,s right by the working mans club that own it i fished it as a kid but never since then and ower busses stop running at seven so it,s just out of staggering back disstance.and they wont day ticket it members only and i don't drive a problem i will sort this year if i get a settlment cause i've fractured mybits of myspinegoing over pot holes on a froklift truck to oftenstill if i can afford it come the season ican still fish.Iain/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif