need a new camera got about ?150

B

Brendan Ince

well my old camera has given up on me and i only had it for 15 years an old olympus point zoom and click thing it was ace i think it was 28 to 108 or something around thet
the problem i have now is thet i dont understand all this new zoom thingy 5 x optical and 5 x digital doesnt mean alot to me is there somewhere i could convert this to the type of zoom i was use to
like alot off people i only take my camera out a few times a year holls birthdays etc
i would like a camera as good if not better if i could for the price i wont a digital one if poss as you can see the photo as soon as you take it and see if it is any good or if you need to take another one
cheers guys brendan

C

Cakey

the Casio s600 6mb is quite a good buy at the mo..............argos doing it ?50 off now ?150

M

MarkTheSpark

Look at <a href='http://www.digital-cameras.com/digital_cameras/prosumer/fuji_finepix_s5600.html' target='_blank'>this
</a>There's a thread pertaining to this camera, and I think for the money it's just the best there is. Read the thread and decide for yourself

B

Brendan Ince

cheers guys thet does look like a nice one just one thing i think my old damera had a zoom of something like 28 to 100 or something around there is this zoom as good i dont really understand this 10 times and 5.7 ?

C

Cakey

its a good zoom a bit more than your old camera
the ten times is done with lens so hardly and picture quality loss and 5.7 is done digitally and would be with some loss a bit like blowing a picture up on your p.c.

C

Cakey

there will be a big difference his old camera is only 4 times ........

alan

Reaction score
Ive got the s5500 and for the cost of it, it is great.
i know a few people with the s5600, and they are happy with it, the only real diffearnce between the 2 is the pixal amount.

you can also buy a huge range of filters and lenses for them, telephoto, close up, macro, polarising, and coloured filters. in fact just about any filter/lens with a 55mm adapter will fit.

you wont be disapointed with it.

B

Brendan Ince

it does look nice cheers guys and alan i think youve named youre first photo wrong lol

T

Terry D

I've just bought an Olympud Mju 740 off an ebay dealer for ?115. Cracking deal when they're approx ?250 in the shops. Plenty of them going at about that price.