Neoprene Chest Waders

Pete

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a pair of neoprene chest waders as I thought they'd be good for the cold conditions at the moment.

Couple of questions:

How warm are they?
Do they last / age well?
Do you end up swimming in your own sweat or do they breath at all?

Cheers

Pete

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had mine for a couple of seasons now.

They are quite warm even though I tend to only use a pair of jogging pants underneath.

They will last well providing you hang them up and don't fold them like I did with my first pair ;-(

You will perspire but not all that much, the key is not to have too thick or too many layers beneath.

Just my experience, others may have different views.

CAT

Reaction score
Always go for the next size up to the one you think is ok is my advise, as you end up looking like Freddie Mercury and because they are to tight you get a bad back to go with it.
When they are to tight they also start to leak at the seams as well.
Save up and get some Sims gortex waders is my advise.

Joskin

Reaction score
Ive had several pairs of waders over the years and have found the Neoprene ones with stocking foot rather than boot to be the most comfortable and warmest. I currently use a pair of Wychwood Neoprene stocking foot chesties with Wychwood felt bottom wading boots and would highly recomend them.

Joskin

Reaction score
Worth mentioning that Neoprenes tend to tear a little easyer than other types so be carefull in them, although on the plus side small rips in Neoprene are alot easyer to repair than most other materials.

MONTON

Reaction score
Neoprene in my view are only good if you are in the water constantly, otherwise you sweat and are uncomfortable all day. I prefer Nylon waders which i sell at ?19.99. They are tougher than neoprene and you dont sweat as much, also they are a lot lighter than rubber or neoprene. Ask me for more details.
Mike