New FM Photo Gallery competion

C

Cakey

9pm ferry from Dover to Calais ......4hr drive the other side to a place called Chateaudun

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Where abouts is that Cakester? (and don't say france lol I know that much) I'm going to the fighting dream complex just outside paris

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Can't do 28th April but could easily do Sunday 29th April if you fancy it?

There's a match probably on Middle & Gold but that still leaves Syndicate and Bungalow free. Might have to have an earlish start though to give a good choice.

Let me know, I'll probably be fishing it anyway.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Sounds good to me (",)...will confirm in a week or so, just in case something comes up.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Let me know how you get on Cakester....maybe exchange phone numbers, we can txt each other to see who catches the biggest one ;-)

David Barber

Reaction score
Ahh yes, about the 'to be announced' message...

I actually had already posted up a winner but after receiving an email from that winner, a Mr. Mark Williams AKA 'Markthespark' who graciously informing me he didn't infact take the photo, but was simply posting it to resolve an ongoing debate he was having with a number of forum members!

I temporarily put the message there until I had chosen another appropriate winner?..which happened to slip my mind today. =)

To clarify the selection process, Graham and I (mostly me) choose the winners of the photo competition based on our preference, so an image having the most votes don?t dictate the winner, unless of course we believe that image to be the best for the week. This is because there have been cases on people rigging the 'most voted' comps so this is the fairest way of going about it.

As a few examples of what I (we) look for in a photo are perhaps a great fish with a great composition, a funny expression or captured moment, a fantastic scenic picture, a notably skillful or creative photo or just something a little bit different (but still fishing related!)

Unfortunately we?ve run out of the Comps sponsors goods, but the comp will be up and running again once the FM team has rounded up some more bits and bobs to give away.

O and if you haven?t entered already, today is the last day you can enter the comp for the Bob Nudd legend float rod.

Dave

C

Cakey

so what your saying is Neil has won and your looking for a second place .....well done Neil........

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Luv it, but!

"informing me he didn't infact take the photo"

As it happens, I didn't in fact take the photo either! It's me in the photo and I did "crop" the result and photoshopped the .....!!

This could get quite complicated! :))

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Before this gets too complicated...... you should own the copyright to any photo you submit and preferably the photo should have been taken with your own camera. It doesn't matter if someone else actually clicked the shutter providing the photo was taken under your supervision.

Bottom line is that you should have been responsible for the composition of the photo.

Obviously a certain amount of trust is needed, but I don't expect anyone to try anything on anyway.

?

<?))))><.???`?. born to fish (callum) made to wor

I got some quality picture I'm going to submit some next time