New gaget bag

The Monk

Reaction score
thought I`d treat myself to a new gaget bag yesterday, I`m a bit of a traditionalist and was going to go for a Billingham, but instead got a Tarmac pro 12, quite rugged with lots of pockets ad space to fit two SLRs with lenses attached and spare lens etc, looks the part. http://www.tamrac.com/5612.htm

Last edited:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
I tend to stick with ''Lowepro'' Nick. I have been using the ''Trekker AW'' for a while now, and can't fault them.

What swayed you in favour of ''Tamrac'', just out of interest mate.

Cakey

Reaction score
good choice Monk but I prefer mine strapped to me back these days for security ,Ive got this Tammy...........
5575m.jpg

The Monk

Reaction score
I tend to stick with ''Lowepro'' Nick. I have been using the ''Trekker AW'' for a while now, and can't fault them.

What swayed you in favour of ''Tamrac'', just out of interest mate.

Hi Derek, hows things mate, I just thought !`D have a change mate, I have quite a lot of lowe pro stuff including a couple of AWs, great gear with good longevity, but I couldnt find a design which suited my present needs, the thing I like about lowepro is the waterproof covers though, but I looked at the slingbacks and didnt really like the design, much prefering the traditional design of gaget bag andf tarmac seemed the only design which appealed to me at the moment

---------- Post added at 04:13 ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 ----------

It would be more of a "Bird Puller" if you ask me!:D

haha, I`ve not pulled one bird since I got it mate, mind you I only got it friday and the days still young

---------- Post added at 04:15 ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 ----------

good choice Monk but I prefer mine strapped to me back these days for security ,Ive got this Tammy...........
5575m.jpg

Yes I looked at one of those Mr cakey, but the problem I have with that style is access, cameras are not quickly accessed with that style of bag

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
thought I`d treat myself to a new gaget bag yesterday, I`m a bit of a traditionalist and was going to go for a Billingham, but instead got a Tarmac pro 12, quite rugged with lots of pockets ad space to fit two SLRs with lenses attached and spare lens etc, looks the part. Tamrac - Model 5612 Pro 12

Nice bags. I've got some cheap old Dixons thing that soldiers on.
And that bag you've got sounds well 'ard, Monk - the Tarmac Pro 12 - like the best-ever road-laying machine! ;)

The Monk

Reaction score
last year at uni mate, good luck to her, she does realise she will need a job next, my lad hasnt quite grasped this fact yet.

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

I just sh*t mysef ....had to do firmware update on the D300
we should all be on 1:10 for both a and b
if not go here
D300 firmware: A/B 1.10 - Windows

Mr Cakey I don`t understand what this is, is it someway of improving the camera`s abilities mate?

---------- Post added at 07:57 ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 ----------

I find it quick enough once the camera is around my neck and the bag is back on my back out of the way .................
have a look at the belt system here looks cool to me
Episode 07 | Episodes | D-Town TV

yes I had a full lowepro belt, pouches and vest system, some them all to Ged, far too cumbersome mate, I like the vids though, I`ll have to check them all out

Cakey

Reaction score
Ive watched all the vids and learnt a lot of tips
the ones Ive used......
1 white balance through live view
2 centre button zoom in zoom out for quick check of focus
3 highlight warning
4 for shooting sports etc setting min shutter speed using auto iso

alan

Reaction score
just brought the tamrac pro 8 Monk.

great bags arent they, what swayed me was the women in the shop who had her one out in all the recent rain with out it leaking.

The Monk

Reaction score
yeah I`m impressed mate, I`m often swayed by women in the shops, especially if they don`t leak.

Great bag Alan, loadsa room

captain carrott

Reaction score
but would it be practical to carry with binoculars tripod scope an camera.