New member in the Charente

GrahamP

Reaction score
Hi
Thank you for accepting me. I have lived in France for 13 years and only now finding time to get back into my fishing. I enjoy most course fishing, mainly match and silver fishing. However, I do dabble with a bit of carp fishing and could get into some barbel fishing given the opportunity.

I am in the 16480 post code which is south of Angouleme. I still struggle to understand where we can fish and we cannot. I understand about the licensing and all area coverage but access across farm land seems vague.

I look forward to catching up on any posts regarding fishing in my area.

Gray

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There are several members on here who live in France and who post regularly. I'm sure one or more will be along soon to help if they can.

Silure

Reaction score
Most areas have fishing clubs that may not have their own waters but do arrange matches. Go to the local tackle shop as most advertise up and coming concours de pêche for your area. I do fish a lot in the Charente region but further to the east bordering on the Vienne and Haute Vienne.
Look in the local press as well as sometimes they may advertise matches. By going to these you may find better places to fish. http://www.fishingheaven.co.uk/fishing-in-the-charente.htm will give you some idea of what is available