New- New Barbel record

• Thread starter Goose Ganderton
  • Start date
G

Goose Ganderton

Steve Pope has just reported that following on from the two 17Ib ers by Stuart Morgan that a 19Ib 1oz (no your not seeing things) was taken from the Gt Ouse yesterday. Now is that a Bloody big fish or what.
Congratulation to Stuart Morgan on his achevment that will surley go down in angling history and congratulations to the mystery captor of the 19 - 1. A 19Ib 1oz Barbel really is the fish of a lifetime though I do feel we could now be looking at a 20Ib+ at the back end of the season.
Congratulations lads on 3 most magnificent fish.

S

Steve Baker

WOW.... if this is true that a 19 pound barbel has been caught. Can you try to imagine how big that monster is??? But is this the biggest in the river? I doubt it. How old is this fish? I remember when the record was just 14lb, and i thought that was big. I say again WOW

A

Alan Roe

Steve It is true the bloke broke the old record twice!! with two monster fish.
Rivercarper:- the 20 pounder is mine!!!

A

Alan Roe

Sorry chaps got my wires crossed with the first part of the last post please ignore it.
The second part stays though!!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
If it's true, which from the reliability of the news source I have no doubt it is, I am stunned. To have a fish beat the bigger of Stuart Morgan's fabulous pair by well over a pound is phenominal. I expected the record to get over 18lb this season, but 19lb is something else. Where will it end?

D

Daniel Whitelock

i think i've found the exact stretch and swim where they came from because earlier today i was talking to a chap pike fishing who reakons it was on our club stretch, and coming past it on the way home there were half a dozen blokes practicly sitting on each other in one area obviousley after the record because of the kit and bait they were using, i'm even tempted to give it a go myself....... ha ha that would be funny, my first ever barbel a record breaker, i better stop dreaming now
cheers Daniel.
p.s. if anyone wants to give it a go i can get hold of guest tickets no probs.

N

Neil Wayte

The fish came from the Newport Pagnell stretch below Adams Mill

A

Alan Cooper

If it is the same fish as Ray Walton's then this barbel is one with attitude. It'll be 20lb next year. How do I get a club ticket?

N

Neil Wayte

Don't dicount it going 20lb before then end of the season.

D

Daniel Whitelock

the stretch that produced then 19lb er belongs to newport pagnell ac i think, and milton keynes anglers association own a lot of water round there, i'm a member of vauxhall ac and it turns out that this record isn't from our stretch now as some of us first thought, but we have had previous records from our stretches so it is likely that we could have another one soon, probably explains why all the blokes were there today, milton keynes website is www.mkaa.co.uk
vauxhall is ourpages.compuserve.com/vauxac or something like that
cheers Daniel