New Pike Record?

M

Malcolm Bason

angle_this_just_in_template1.fish

have you seen the pic of the supposed 52lb 4oz pike? take a look.......

G

Glyn Maude

i've seen it and think its a bit untrue.if anyone else caught a pike that size surely they would tell everybody.i know i would.according to the papers he did not want his face shown on the photo.now i wonder why that is?also the res where he caught it was not even open.the people who run the res have seen the photo and say that the back ground is not the same.so something is very fishy to me.sorry about the pun!

K

Kelvin Moore

Ive seen the picture too and it just doesnt look right, he doesnt seem to be straining at all to hold something of that apparent weight. Another fishy tale I think!

G

Glyn Maude

just had another look at the photo and i think he is very,very strong!to hold a fish that size with one hand!!can anyone see where his other hand is?if it is true there is a few things i would like to know.[1]who took the photo if he was walking alone.[2]how did he land it because he said he had arod and dead bait nothing else.[3]how did he weigh it .in another photo the current british record holder looks like he can not even pick his pike up.need answers please!!!

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

Lot of disscussion on a lot of sites at the moment about this.Purely from looking at the photo in various Photo and Graphics programmes I believe it to be a fraud.Around the edges of the blue shirt it looks under magnification as if a "cloning tool" has been used.Also the final death blow (as was pointed out by some one else)is that the pixel sizes are different on the fish than on the rest of the pic.I doubt wether any malice was meant but merely a prank that got out of hand.The press lapped it up though!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Again, like identifying hybrids, I set great store on 'first glance' and this picture just doesn't look right.

All the other 'evidence' put forward by others all points to the picture being a fraud. And the greenery in January and tee-shirt bit points to him being a liar one way or the other anyway.