New Titan Vipers - Hot or Damp ?

A

andrew jackson

I dont know, Mr Knash has slashed his luggage prices in the face of growing competition. If the rumerous are true about Titans being made for peanuts (or should that be bowls of rice) in China then he could probably afford to be a little more commpetitive.

C

Carp Angler

There aint a lot of gear made in this country anymore.
Most of it is imported from Far East sweatshops, they just make a better margin of profit.

R

Rob Haig

No one here has mentioned the Aqua Armadillo !! I was forced to bite the bullet and trust in a mail order bivvy that I had only heard of opinions given in many forums,( all good). When I ordered the Armadillo I was a little aprehensive but when it arrived I was gob smacked. It trully is an ace bit of kit and really well made. In my opinion and speaking as an ex-Titan user, the Armadillo knocks spots off the Titan and everything else out there in the world of bivvy's. I have also since bought the Aqua 60" Brolly for quick day sessions and that too is excellent. This may sound like an advert for Aqua but believe me I am just a consumer and a very fussy one too.

A

andrew jackson

Hi Rob.
Yes Aqua have a reputation for good gear.
I cannot think why Chris has not got his act together and made them more accessible. I have heard nothing but good things about the Armadillo. Like you said though, it does take a bit of guts to commit so much money to a bivie without being able to view it.

A

Andy Thatcher

Remember I said how impressed I was with the Hutchy Oval ? Forget it it is now back in Leslies after the cap breaking after my third stint with it. I stopped flaffing about and bought an Evolution ! Wish me luck!

D

David Will

No probs with my Evolution.Also have overwrap.This replaced a Nash Profile which was about 8 years old.It was brilliant but the current ones are not a patch on the originals hence the Evo.
With Fox it is definatley not a good idea to buy anything that has newly entered the market , as you will find yourself unwittingly paying good money to field test Fox products.
Wait a couple of years and the problems are ironed out. I have no idea about the current state of the aftersales side but had good service about three years ago when my easy dome exploded
in high winds and all the front ribs needed replacing.

A

Andy Thatcher

Been quite impressed so far. It has seen a fair bit of wond & rain and withstood it. I was absolutely devoted to my Titan and it will take time to get as much confidence in the Evo. I still think that the Titan was more stable and the material better than the Evo. I think you'll find it the same with most manufacturers using early models as field testing though !

R

Rob Brownfield

I bought one of the original Aqua Bivvis...its brillient. I have had it now for about 7 years and its still as good as new!!. I got the internal winter skin (heavy cotton liner) and its seen me through some pretty cold Scottish winters...