NGT Tackle Box

nottskev

Reaction score
I've had a few NGT items over the years. Some good, like their small lead cases, ideal for small reels, some poor, like a rod quiver with all the structure of a bin bag.

I thought I had another good item with this tackle box. Just right - 9.5" x 8.5" x 2.5 " - to fit on top of your bait in a lidded rectangular bucket, it looked ideal for the bits and pieces for methods I rarely use and don't want to lug around, like method feeder, floater, pellet waggler.

ng.jpg

And so it proved for a few months - in which it was used half a dozen times. Until I noticed a corner broken off the lid and cracks showing which bits will fall off next.

ng1.jpg

Some of our cheapest goods - think pop bottles - are made of plastics that are practically indestructible and defy deliberate breaking and tearing. The box is not fit for purpose and I notice it no longer appears in their catalogue. There's no excuse for passing off brittle plastic as serviceable gear. and I won't be buying any more of their stuff.

mikench

Reaction score
I have a couple of the NGT ones and they havent failed yet. I have yet to find the perfect one. A greys box is too heavy . I use a Plano box for my course fishing and a Decathlon one for sea fishing. Both were cheap and work well. Their downside is the cantilever nature of the decks. One must remember to fix the clasp every time as otherwise your stuff from the upper deck goes everywhere and the air turns blue. This would be a fatal flaw for most but I rarely make the mistake now and generally have the time to pick things up whilst waiting for a bite.??

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have an NGT bivvy table, this comes in its own carrier, and also has a plastic box with dividers similar to a Stanley fat fax or a guru feeder box, which I had bought the week before for £30.
The table is ideal for use when I take a chair.
The plastic box will hold a few floats, feeders, and sundries. Plus a 4" hook length retainer board.
The table is metal with folding legs, and I can use it without the feeder box if required.
All in all a good piece of kit for the price.
Also have an NGT bag I use for tubs of pellets and liquid flavours.

mikench

Reaction score
I rate NGT stuff and have the same table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regalis

Out of reach...
Reaction score
Savage gear system box bag xl = sea fishing.

Korda tackle box, chod safe, rig safe = carp fishing.

Old school wooden float box = course fishing.

Savage gear system box bag small = drop shot.

NGT tackle box = screws and bits of DIY junk in the shed. (Not fit for purpose)

?

Philip

Reaction score
I have been through so many tackle boxes its ridiculous.

Cardinal sins for me are boxes with weak hinges so the lid eventually levers itself off or lids that dont shut tightly enough so it either pops open in the tackle bag or things spill from one compartment to the next. Brittle plastic I agree is also the pits.

I have one of the original fox boxes that sort of started the modern tackle box revolution...unfortunatly while they got the hinges, plastic and tight fitting lid sorted they made the box a bizzare dimension so basically nothing of any use fits into any of the compartments which you cant adjust either. It sits unused in my shed.

I am currenly on a no name tackle box which is similar to the Fox one but they got the dimensions right and also allowed you to modify the layout of the box as well with dividers that actually stay (for the most part) in position. I have been using it for I guess at least a couple of years and its not annoyed me yet. It gets a thumbs up.

All that said I still have ice cream tubs holding spare tackle that have lasted decades and are still going strong...plastics not warped or cracked and the lids still fit as tight as the day they came out of the freezer.

Keith M

Reaction score
I keep my large Fox tacklebox in my outhouse and use it as a store for my spare leads and other bits of tackle that I don’t currently need or use.

I keep all of my bits and pieces of tackle in various pockets on the inside and outside of my various tacklebags in small multi sectioned boxes and small zip up bags and in wallets and tubes.

Keith

Last edited: