night fishing

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Just sat by a lake with 2 friends. We are set for the night , just had a nice hone made curry and we have had 2 carp so far

I took 12 cans and have 5 left look
s like being a good night as the hot day had seen the carp not feeding

Reaction score
Still not caught. Tried all the baits I have , settled for the night hhoping for a fish in the dark hours

You need to get some new staff M'lud... how many footmen have you got fishing for you?

Give Lord Bath a ring at Longleat; his ghillies are first class... and his ghirlies are better!

The last time I night-fished with his Lordship I caught a brace of record cr*p apparently ....and shot three lions!

Obviously I can't remember a thing about it being so stuffed full of vintage port and stilton...

In fact,I can safely say...

I was very drunk at the time... :)

Good luck matey!

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope you had an (un)eventful night Paul.

Moreover, I hope you are getting a decent breakfast, I always find that after a night in the bivvy I get up and am starving!

Full English on the menu?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I'm back at Furkum hall now , having full English breakfast , had one fish on in the night, catfish took me all over the lake. Got it to the top once then the hook pulled out, fishing pal had 5 carp to 9lb

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm back at Furkum hall now , having full English breakfast , had one fish on in the night, catfish took me all over the lake. Got it to the top once then the hook pulled out, fishing pal had 5 carp to 9lb

Shame about the Catfish. Personally I try to avoid them wherever possible, they just don't float my boat.

Enjoy your breakfast though.