North Wales coast Any good spots

P

Phil M

Off for a long weekend along the North Wales coast.(Prestatyn, Rhyl Colwyn Bay,Llandudno, Bangor, Caernarfon)
Are there any spots you could recommend to a novice?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Theres a good sea angling tackle shop at Bangor.

Bangor Angling Supply Stores Tel: 01248?355518
21, High St, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 1NP

They should be able to help. Always give them a call when i am in the area. Can also supply bait

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I usually go stright on to Anglesey. Have only fished at Mostyn for the whitting and coddling in winter. Around the Orms head is good for the Bass in summer.

chris hall

Reaction score
is there anywhere on anglesey wrth fishing where i can fish close to my car at night.
i fancy a do for the bass,but dont want to leave my car too far away.i would probably take a tent also if possible and fish a day tide.any info would be most apreciated.
how did your weekend go brian???
cheers,chris hall

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Chris. Got to Ribble Sat night fished for 2 hours when i got from a neighbour that omebody had been trying to break in. Ruied a lovely night could'nt relax so came home.

chris hall

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your house and ruined night bryan.could you tell me where abouts the orms head is i fancy a crack at anglsey very much.im going to try and get there next weekend hopefully.would my car be safe there over night do you think?
i bet you havnt tried the ribble this weekend,i live very close to te river lostock,which i occasionally fish for chub,roach,dace and trout.it was at thetp of its banks and screaming trough at a hell of a speed,it had even pulled a big tree down in cuerden park.so god knowswhat the ribble must be like.
how did you weekend in north wales fishing go phil???

J

jason fisher

off out for the day with my ex girlfriend, we saw my mate, he said are you going to bangor, i said only if shee'l let me.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Orms head is on the mainland near Conway. Bumaris pier is a good high tide mark on Angalsey you can park at the pier. Free fishing and there is a big light at the end. Not fished it for a few years but you get some nice fish there mate had a 14Ib huss.

E

EC

Llanddudno beach has good access, you can see your car from where you fish, deep water close in as well! It fishes best at night like a lot of the welsh beaches.

chris hall

Reaction score
thanks bryan and eddy.all info is appreciated.jst hope i can get there next weekend and that the tides are right.
if you ever want to go anywhere in scotland fishing look no further than dumfrees and galloway.there are lots of productive marks on the irish sea sie and the luce bay side of the mull of galloway.some good ones are portpatrick,ardwell point,port logan and the beaches all down the luce bay side.
wrasse,conger,pollack,sea trout,bass,cod mackerel and coal fish are all present,along with flounder,dad and turbot occasionally showing an apearance.i spent a week up there last month.i cant wait to go back again.the locals are helpfull also for fishing knowledge.