North West UK angling clubs

tommos16

Reaction score
Afternoon all. My mind is turning to next year's fishing, and I was looking for some advice on clubs.

I'm a member of Wigan and will be next year, but was wondering if there were any members of Warrington and Southport on here who could give advice on whether their carp waters were worth adding to my club memberships?

I've seen Southport's twin lakes have been made to a speci water with added cost, but is that cost worth it and does anyone know what it is? I can't seem to find a lot of info.

Thanks in advance, Tom

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
WAA have Sandiway lakes, which they own. There are some good carp and tench in them .
I think they still have Worthington lakes. Another WAA water is Cicely Mill pool, again some decent carp and tench, not as good as it used to be but still a good venue.And there are some good carp and tench in Grey Mist.
Bridgewater Canal holds some decent carp as well.
Cost for 1st year WAA card around £100, this includes the joining fee.
Lymm has some good carp waters, their membership includes a night card, can take wife and 2 kids or grandkids on same card.First year is dearer than WAA

Bluenose

Reaction score
WAA also have Greymist which is a proper runs water, but with plenty of larger fish also. Their website is semi decent and gives you a flavour of what is on offer, here.

The secretary does a weekly blog/newsletter which goes back many years here. The night fishing is via a booking system, you cannot just rock up and fish, you have to book in advance. It's a decent club and good value for money, however, some venues do get quite busy.