Northern Bream

S

Sean Meeghan

He's just biased - they're thick! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

Bet thats the latest response ever on the forum! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Joey

Reaction score
I agree with Graham, everything is smarter up North. Those Southern nancys' would catch nowt up 'ere./forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I actually think its easier up north, just naff anglers, that Ribble's a doddle, 5lb'ers a chuck. Next time i'm up that way i want a challenge, take note Knowlesy!

Joey

Reaction score
You'd better wait until the summer, Southern softies can't handle the climate up here.

We use the Ribble 5lb'ers as livebait for the perch but you have to present them properly.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Oi Joey....i'll not have it that my mate Wol is a Sourthern softie, he don't need to wait for the summer at all!!!

He can get that 4x4 with central heatin right up to his swims /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Joey

Reaction score
lol.

Still better in the summer, he won't get his nice clean tyres muddy.

S

Sean Meeghan

Come and try the Swale Wol. 4x4 access is poor - do southern softies still use those 2 dangly bits at the bottom of their bodies? We call it walking up here. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Wols dangly bits have had that little use they don't even reach the ground now ....

Deanos

Reaction score
Come and try the Swale Wol. 4x4 access is poor - do southern softies still use those 2 dangly bits at the bottom of their bodies? We call it walking up here. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Right then...here is the plan.....We get "Wally" up here on the pretence that just like down Sarf, you can pay a young chap to stagger to your swim for you with mountains of tackle (all the Southerners have stacks of all the latest gear I can tell you!).

Then, we take him out to the most godforsaken stretch of the Swale, few bottles of champaign down his neck (they all drink GALLONS of this stuff I can tell you)...then when he is really ****erd, tie him up with duck tape, sell his tackle on Ebay, and make him trot off back down the M1 to the "promised land" in nothing but his Homer Simpson Y-Fronts!

Young Wally needs to experience a bit of real life, I might get me mam to knock him about a bit, and nick the money from his his purse!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Love to meet you Deanos, you have a very vivid imagination, really dont know how you dream it all up, just shake my head with your post.

Yes Wol certainly lives in a different world.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Done the Swale, easy, had many a 5 pluser from Maunby, Wasp cakes the bait to be on. Down to the bridge off Pickeringmoor Lane, upstream, fousands of em. Look forward to playing around with ya mam in the back of me Range Rover.

Deanos

Reaction score
Right then....BLOODY RIGHT THEN! Wally lad!.....the Yorkshire boys will be decked out in second hand blue boiler suits from Weatherby Borstal (I have some contacts).

I shall be there to carry the gear for my hero's Sean "machine gun" Meegan (because he catches that bloody fast...be afraid Wally lad...very afraid).

I shall also mail Bobby Roberts...if he thinks the cameras will be about, he will be up from South Yorkshire like a shot I can tell you!

The tumbleweed is blowing downPontefract high street Wally...beads of sweat are rolling down your little chubby cheeks, the pressure is on...So when’s the showdown dude?......and....

I will be bringing me mam as well!

Deanos

Reaction score
Look everybody.....Wally's mam has made him go to bed cos he is only a little lad!

I bet he is watching a Des Taylor barbel fishing dvd in bed eating pies and getting afew tips before he gets a good battering on the Swale.

DZ

Reaction score
Bream fishing on the swale must be as much fun as dapping for pike, using nowt but your own goolies.

The north makes me shudder- unless its trite and grayling then its ok.