Now that the floods are receding...

Aknib

Reaction score
How will it affect your local river?

Your usual haunts have gone, the overhanging tree has been swept away and the gravel banks you knew are no longer, moved to somewhere downstream whilst new gravel banks are formed in different areas to which you are accustomed to.

How do you approach it?

The fish are displaced, you are displaced....

?

@Clive

Reaction score
It happened several times on the Dearne in the noughties. You just treat the river as a new venue and look for suitable features. Then its a case of trying the swims, running a float or plummet through and giving them a few hours fishing. At least you know what baits are favoured. They won't have changed.

Philip

Reaction score
On my local rivers it will usually be big sunken snags you have to be worried about ..sunken trees and big branches that sort of thing that get shifted which can make it difficult to fish certain areas. The flip side is they create a new potential fish holding area as well.

Annoying as you want the snag to attract the fish but dont want to lose a fish in it 🥴

steve2

Reaction score
I remember a few years ago I went back to my local river after a big flood, I was going to fish the deep hole under the willow tree. There was no deep hole and no tree. It took a while to get may head round where the fish had moved to.