Oldie with a bad memory

mauler13m

Reaction score
Tried to register, but i was already a member . The joys of old age ?

mikench

Reaction score
I would post a bit more if you wish to have an impact as there are barely 5 intervals of 16 years in 3 score years and 10. ?? Welcome back and tell us what you have been doing since 2006. All posts appreciated.

mauler13m

Reaction score
I would post a bit more if you wish to have an impact as there are barely 5 intervals of 16 years in 3 score years and 10. ?? Welcome back and tell us what you have been doing since 2006. All posts appreciated.
I was a regular match fisherman in the past, but while fishing one weekend a strange thing happened to me. Over the weekend i became weaker and weaker to the point i could not lift my pole to play a fish. With help i managed to get home then Mon morning i could not get out of bed, virtually paralyzed. Hospitalised for weeks with Guillain Barre, caused by Lyme disease which is usually the result of a tick bite. So my beloved fishing probably was the source. Anyhow, partially recovered, and the bugger came back(guillain barre) so more hospital and a long road back . So last year i decided to try Carp fishing as it seemed a more relaxing and less strenuous sport. Absolutely loved it, made some great new friends and now looking forward to spring and sitting in my relaxa chair on the bank again.

john step

Reaction score
Glad you are feeling a bit better. Its a timely warning about the things one can catch in the countryside.
I always wonder why I see people in shorts going through long grass and vegetation. Lymes seems to have increased along with the increase of deer.

I got a dose of Leptospirosis (weils) about 4 years ago. They say we are never far from a rat. Now I always carry and use an antiviral spray when fishing before eating my grub or for cleaning my cup should the flask fall over onto the grass.
"Slug Slime" Anti Weils spray.

seth49

Reaction score
I think I had a dose of lymes disease back in the seventies, when I’d never heard of it then, I had like mild flu like symptoms and the typical bulls eye rash on my thigh, I was of colour for a couple of years after that, low energy and just didn’t feel right, took a while to clear up, didn’t bother to go to the doctors as I was managing to work etc, but I did feel rough at times, working out on the farm it was pretty common to be bitten by various insects, but that was something else.

mauler13m

Reaction score
I think I had a dose of lymes disease back in the seventies, when I’d never heard of it then, I had like mild flu like symptoms and the typical bulls eye rash on my thigh, I was of colour for a couple of years after that, low energy and just didn’t feel right, took a while to clear up, didn’t bother to go to the doctors as I was managing to work etc, but I did feel rough at times, working out on the farm it was pretty common to be bitten by various insects, but that was something else.
What was crazy about it Seth was i never knew i had Lymes. Blood test showed it up.