Olympic BM3 closed face reel

dorsetandchub

Years ago, I had an Olympic BM3 closed face reel. The thing was about the size and weight of a London bus but I loved it. Anyone remember them and does anyone have a pic of one? Love to see it again (reel was stolen in 1991 - gutted!!).

Thanks so much.

dorsetandchub

Mine was actually a maroon red colour, I seem to remember but thank you very much. Brings back a lot of memories. Caught a lot of fish with it.

paul80

Where those reels with a button on the back not bait casting reels designed to be used with the reel on top of the rod like a multiplier, I used to use an old IIRC Shakespeare one.

Paul

laguna

I used to own an Olympic "one touch" reel, one touch and it fell apart :wh

Actually it lasted me a whole season until the lever broke but it was a good reel as I remember and cost me the princely sum of £7

dorsetandchub

Have to admit it wasn't the Aston Martin of reels but thinking about it brings back a lot of happy memories.

As a better man than me once said - it seemed a good idea at the time.

laguna

Have to admit it wasn't the Aston Martin of reels but thinking about it brings back a lot of happy memories.

As a better man than me once said - it seemed a good idea at the time.
They were cheaper than the Abu as I recall, but I definitely became a convert of CF reels thereafter and eventually bought the Harrier 120M which I still use for all my river and stillwater fishing.

PS. I dont like the backwind... always preferring to go forwards! ;)

S-Kippy

This was the c/f kiddy when I was in my teens [1970's]...the Crack 400. Never had one though.Still looks quite stylish to me.