One for Cakey

F

Fred Bonney

A Lifetime of Barbel Fishing".

Fred is giving a talk on Monday 19th May ,8.00pm onwards,at the Abbey Cross Angling Society's meeting at the Rosedale Centre Cheshunt ,Herts.

This is open to non Abbey Cross members at no charge so hopefully of interest to barbelanglers in the Herts/ Essex area in particular.

There will be a copy of Fred's book and one of his Centrepins in the raffle.

The exact address is Rosedale Centre ,Andrew's Lane ,Cheshunt, Herts EN7 6TB.

Or in simple terms Junction 25 of the M25 ,go north on the A10 to the first roundabout ,take first left signed Cuffley and Goffs Oak. At next roundabout take 2nd exit ,at the next roundabout ( about 100yds) carry straight on over 2 speed humps and next left is Andrews Lane, Rosedale Centre is 100yds on left.

It should be a very entertaining evening.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I will see you there as i am a member of the said club, Bronx has got nothing on this venue.

fred is a local and fished around here for years,so you will also see what can be caught on your doorstep, plus it will be nice to catch up with Fred again.

C

Cakey

Fred and I are good mates so I will tell him what a whinger you are................

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To Fred & all the above, I really hope that yous all enjoy your selfs on the Monday 19th May.

I would like to be there but its too far for me./forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

S

STEVE POPE

Hi Cakey,

I was with Fred on Monday and we were talking about this, it will be a brilliant evening as Fred has many interesting and amusing tales to tell.

He's keeping well and is looking forward to the evening.

Wish I could get along myself but I can't make this one.

Hoping to embark on a sort of fishing adventure with Fred this coming season, revisiting places that are close to our hearts and taking in one or two new rivers.

Should give us plenty of material for future social evenings.

Hope to catch up with you again on the Severn,

All the best,

Steve.

C

Cakey

Hello Steve

yes this will be a good one Fred in his home patch ,cant wait

Im sure I will see you on the the Severn this season

Cakey

C

Cakey

Nice one Ray..............Im only going to heckle Fred/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Everyone is going to heckle Fred, but to be honest Fred has some great pictures and a lot of knowledge, some of which will surprise a few people.

S

STEVE POPE

Hi Ray,

Pretty sure Fred won't be showing pictures, it's primarily stories from his fishing life.

Also the projector etc. is still at my house!

When I was with Fred I suggested that he spent an hour on his tales and then after the break invite questions and as you well know Fred has an opinion on everything and more often than not he's right!

All the best,

Steve.